X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Allardyce............

:

Comment

• I couldn't help but laugh at this one. Who's running the FA? Mr Bean? Allardyce couldn't have been the best option, surely?
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        I couldn't help but laugh at this one. Who's running the FA? Mr Bean? Allardyce couldn't have been the best option, surely?
        I think he deserves a chance, it is a change for sure but I cant say he doesnt know how to motivate players and get them winning. I dont think you should go abroad for managers for the national team. Why not actually go back to playing like England and the English way and stop trying to compete and out do the other nations way of playing. A solid defence two pacy wingers, a big man like Carroll would have been so incredibly useful for England at the Euros. If Big sam's appointment means players like Carroll, Antonio, Drinkwater get picked and players like Hart, Kane, Rooney are no longer undroppable then that is great for England. Look at Italy, few big names but a fantastic well drilled team and system. One thing that will change is set pieces, Bolton always won the second ball if not the first and we may finally have a chance to score from them raher than it just be a situation where the other team could counter attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by swede View Post
          Sam Allardyce............

:
          Don't know why but he reminds me of Mike Bassett

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            I think he deserves a chance, it is a change for sure but I cant say he doesnt know how to motivate players and get them winning. I dont think you should go abroad for managers for the national team. Why not actually go back to playing like England and the English way and stop trying to compete and out do the other nations way of playing. A solid defence two pacy wingers, a big man like Carroll would have been so incredibly useful for England at the Euros. If Big sam's appointment means players like Carroll, Antonio, Drinkwater get picked and players like Hart, Kane, Rooney are no longer undroppable then that is great for England. Look at Italy, few big names but a fantastic well drilled team and system. One thing that will change is set pieces, Bolton always won the second ball if not the first and we may finally have a chance to score from them raher than it just be a situation where the other team could counter attack.
            We should have gone abroad because English coaches are bang average. Italy had a great coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              Mate if he's appointed, the FA have appointed a carbon copy of Roy Hodgson. Same tactics, same old school mentality, nothing will change for England. They'll be storming the qualifying campaign more than likely, as they always did under Hodgson, and underperforming at major tournaments, as they did under Hodgson.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Ninja not sure I am a fan of this appointment but very different in styles and personality's. Hodgson is a gentleman that like to pack the midfield whereas Sam is a no nonsense type that would play more direct with an old fashioned centre forward. I am v unsure but certainly a change imo
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• after the last two tournaments, does it matter who manages those to$$ers?
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• I really hate this guy. Full of excuses. Never won anything. I know England were bad in the European Championship but think this is a step backwards. Think he will be sacked after the next World Cup (if we go).

Comment

• You could have God managing these over-hyped, over-paid pansies, who obviously couldn't wait to get to the beach in Dubai - and we'd still crash out.

SA's style of football is certainly not pleasing to the eye - but he's consistent - and will firmly stick one of his size 14's up the 'arris of anyone who doesn't tow the party line...... despite who they play for, status, salary etc......

So. It may work. Just don't expect to see England playing the style of football they did under Glenda any time soon.........

Comment

• About time his talents were recognized. Always looking to learn, and wants the same from people around him. He can go on from here and use this as a springboard to managing a CL club.

Comment

• #### me we are going backwards worst decision ever,hoddle for me allardyce will sit their on his fat #### like hodgeson

Comment

• Doesn't matter who takes it. The players are vastly overrated and clearly have zero professional pride. Wouldn't want a single one of them next to me in a fight ####ing bunch of pussies. I'm absolutely done with them after the latest embarrassment. Always has been club over country and now for me it's just club. Wish Sam all the best but ultimately he will fail and it won't be all his fault.

Comment

• Decent manager, fairly good appointment IMO.

Us England fans seem to have a sense of entitlement, we are a bang average footballing nation so no idea why we think we can expect to attract the world's best managers.

Alladyce will bring some discipline and shape to the side and he gets results. Plus he isn't one to put square pegs in round holes.
                              Last edited by MattyRangers; 21-07-2016, 09:25 PM.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Could anyone seriously see alladyce winning the World Cup?

Comment

Working...
                                X