Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did everyone with a season ticket renew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
    My ST works out at £7 a week and I get free travel. I don't go to any away games now because of people standing up and blocking the views. I wouldn't go to away games anyway because of the overall cost of tickets and travel, regardless of whether we were playing like Barcelona or not. Priorities, there must be fans here who are cutting back because of family commitments now that money's getting tight, family before football.

There are other people like me who will give JFH time to do the job, all of this season and next. A majority consensus here wanted a rebuild, well you've got it. We've got a good group of players that can come good. Football is not part of the instant society that many think we live in. There's a lot mentioned about cheese on here sometimes, but you wouldn't rush it's maturity would you? If you haven't got the patience at the moment, fine, stay away, you haven't got a right to your kind of football every game. I'm not sure what the obsession is with playoffs this season, don't remember anything official about that.

The only dross I see is the repetitive posts on here calling for a new manager every week. I wouldn't give a pennys worth of confidence for the next manager lasting too long either if fans dictate who comes and goes. On an average game 13-14,000 home fans turn up. They don't go on message-boards, they're the majority and they're still buying their tickets. (Disclaimer: This post is over the top like some other posts here.)
    Just because you're happy with the crap served up doesn't mean others have to be. The crowds / atmosphere / discontent doesn't come from nothing you know. I'm not into sacking managers, but I'm also not into watching tripe week after week
    with a manager who is clearly out of his depth and is either to thick or to stubborn to change it.

Like I've said many times, I'd take losing with some effort and entertainment over what we're seeing now and since JFH walked in the door. That proves I'm not into sacking managers. I want nothing more than for it to work. It's not.

Comment

Even the buzz as you go in has gone so unless there is a change I cannot see anything positive in keeping JFH in his post.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Even the buzz as you go in has gone so unless there is a change I cannot see anything positive in keeping JFH in his post.
        Who do we get ? As I've said I can't see anybody but another novice manager coming to work under the present regime , we are going to need bigger changes than the manager he's got what he's given , start looking at the policy makers for the club to move forward p

Comment

Maybe have a look at getting a R's man just to get that buzz back at HQ as the longer it last the worse the rot

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Who do we get ? As I've said I can't see anybody but another novice manager coming to work under the present regime , we are going to need bigger changes than the manager he's got what he's given , start looking at the policy makers for the club to move forward p
            Olly. OK he might not be everybody's choice, but he loves the club (I know that is not the most important thing) and tends to play entertaining football.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              Olly. OK he might not be everybody's choice, but he loves the club (I know that is not the most important thing) and tends to play entertaining football.
              This is a fact J , Olly likes to buy his men not what somebody else wants him to have , and that certainly rules him out , me I just can't see anybody out there coming to work under this structure and the last thing we need is appointing a manager whose qualification is being a yes man

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                This is a fact J , Olly likes to buy his men not what somebody else wants him to have , and that certainly rules him out , me I just can't see anybody out there coming to work under this structure and the last thing we need is appointing a manager whose qualification is being a yes man
                I don't really understand why a DOF makes that much difference. He is actually taking the place of the board. No manager can come to a club and appoint whoever he wants without the backing of the board. In our case it is not the board but the DOF. This was introduced because Tony was giving the manager too much power to bring in whomever he wanted. Then the manager left and a new lot of players came in. I am sure that if a new manager was to come in and he wanted a particular player, if he fell within the constraints of what the club can afford, then he would be considered. At the moment I think we have a reasonable side and a decent manager should be able to mold them into a decent team with perhaps a couple of additions of his own. As a note Holloway tried to sign Ferdinand from Bolton when he was manager of the club.

Comment

If olly is the answer we may as well stick with what we have. QPR fans love going back to the past what about showing some vision if the axe falls. I don't care if next manager is old or young as long as he has right ethos, ambition and will to succeed

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If olly is the answer we may as well stick with what we have. QPR fans love going back to the past what about showing some vision if the axe falls. I don't care if next manager is old or young as long as he has right ethos, ambition and will to succeed
                    So who do you suggest?

Comment

Get Olly in with a Bircham or Gallen type figure overseeing the first team. At least you would have a team playing every week with the handbreak off.

Comment

So who do you suggest?
                        Don't know as at this moment in time it's not a decision to make but we can do better then Olly who gets sacked everywhere he goes after a couple of seasons

Comment

I don't really understand why a DOF makes that much difference. He is actually taking the place of the board. No manager can come to a club and appoint whoever he wants without the backing of the board. In our case it is not the board but the DOF. This was introduced because Tony was giving the manager too much power to bring in whomever he wanted. Then the manager left and a new lot of players came in. I am sure that if a new manager was to come in and he wanted a particular player, if he fell within the constraints of what the club can afford, then he would be considered. At the moment I think we have a reasonable side and a decent manager should be able to mold them into a decent team with perhaps a couple of additions of his own. As a note Holloway tried to sign Ferdinand from Bolton when he was manager of the club.
                          Yes and you know why he wanted Ferdinand because he had no money and tried to sign as many players as he could that had QPR conections men he thought would go that bit further for the club , but the were his choice not anybody else's

Comment

Westy, Would happily take a couple of seasons of Olly rather 2 days of this Clown. He is past defending and you now really need to look at how QPR is being run and what is the aim for the football team. Not the brand or even OAC just the people wearing the shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Don't know as at this moment in time it's not a decision to make but we can do better then Olly who gets sacked everywhere he goes after a couple of seasons
                              His first managerial post was at Bristol Rovers. From there he came to QPR (he wasn't sacked). He stayed at the club from 2001 to 2006, which is a long time for our club. Nobody really knows why he left.

He went to Plymouth and resigned to go to Leicester. He left by mutual agreement after one season.

He spent three years at Blackpool, before joining Crystal Palace. After two years he left Crystal Palace but mutual consent.

He then went to Millwall where after one season he was sacked for the first time in his career, though he did leave two teams by mutual consent.

I wouldn't consider that to be a bad record.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Westy, Would happily take a couple of seasons of Olly rather 2 days of this Clown. He is past defending and you now really need to look at how QPR is being run and what is the aim for the football team. Not the brand or even OAC just the people wearing the shirt.
                                I would change manager 73 but if we do do let's not just take anyone as we will be doing same thing again in 12 months

Millwall fans hated him when he left shy because they played boring football and got beat every week. Good for soundbites and profile but we can do far better for a manager

Comment

Working...
                                X