Last Four Games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Four Games...

JFH will be choosing between two strategies for the final four: ending this season with form and confidence versus trying out a few players in advance of next season. We all want to see more of Washington, Khayati and Kpekewa, while JFDH seems more determined to iron out a system and style of play with the regulars, some of whom (Hoilett, Phillips, Henry) will possibly move on. Trust in JFH to make the right call here; impressed with his time at QPR thus far.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    JFH will be choosing between two strategies for the final four: ending this season with form and confidence versus trying out a few players in advance of next season. We all want to see more of Washington, Khayati and Kpekewa, while JFDH seems more determined to iron out a system and style of play with the regulars, some of whom (Hoilett, Phillips, Henry) will possibly move on. Trust in JFH to make the right call here; impressed with his time at QPR thus far.
    Think the 2 strategies will be doing it try to entertain the supporters or do I bore the life out of them. I'm betting on the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      There is an article online saying he 'wont' be playing youngsters....

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        There is an article online saying he 'wont' be playing youngsters....
        I got the feeling he was not going to fill the team with youngsters all in one go. Spread them out, so they don't get over whelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
          I got the feeling he was not going to fill the team with youngsters all in one go. Spread them out, so they don't get over whelmed.
          makes sense, but would have thought that would have started to happen 4-5 games ago when it was clear we were going to finish mid table.

Comment

don't think it's wise to play the youngsters against Brighton or Burnley. Would love to put a spanner in the works to scupper Brightons ambitions
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              don't think it's wise to play the youngsters against Brighton or Burnley. Would love to put a spanner in the works to scupper Brightons ambitions
              A sensible post!!!

Comment

Me too

Comment

don't think it's wise to play the youngsters against Brighton or Burnley:
                  Why? They are either good enough or they are not, I'd rather give them game time now and give them a taste of it when we have nothing to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    Why? They are either good enough or they are not, I'd rather give them game time now and give them a taste of it when we have nothing to play for.
                    Because as inexperienced players do, they might make mistakes which ends with us losing 5-0 in front of 20k supporters give or take all blaming them for the loss.

Huge amount of unneccesary pressure would be placed on their shoulders when we could test them out gradually

Comment

I agree with JFH. Its important to establish the structure first, then youngsters will be drafted in slowly. That way, a young player will have more chance of success as he will play in established system.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Because as inexperienced players do, they might make mistakes which ends with us losing 5-0 in front of 20k supporters give or take all blaming them for the loss.

Huge amount of unneccesary pressure would be placed on their shoulders when we could test them out gradually

Remember Darnell Furlong
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Don't think any would make as many mistakes as the experienced Steven Caulker though!

Comment

Working...
                          X