When we lose hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we lose hoilett

Think it's inevitable he will leave in the summer a cheap option maybe charltons Callum Harriot ? Thought he looked very dangerous at the weekend and with Charlton going down should be a cheap replacement

Him and phillips will both be off imo.

Very important we bring in the right replacements. I love a decent winger who can run pass people and put in a decent delivery and I am really hoping in these positions we don't look for the cheap option or we at least sniff out a bargain.

replacing hoilett and phillips with quality is a must for me if we want to really push on to contend for a play off position.

Comment

Mixed feelings on this one. Partly disappointed he'd leave if offered reduced terms as he's been a big disappointment since day one, and only really came alive this season, when we know he's capable of much better. I feel he owes us.

Phillips I'm not fussed in the least about. Does just enough to scrape by, when he can be bothered.

Comment

Replacing Phillips is less of a worry as he is barely affecting games at the moment. Really el Khayati should be starting over him but guess don't want Phillips to lose value. Hoilett has been a big part of why we have improved so if he won't stay on better deal important we bring in a good replacement even if they cost 3 million.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          Replacing Phillips is less of a worry as he is barely affecting games at the moment. Really el Khayati should be starting over him but guess don't want Phillips to lose value. Hoilett has been a big part of why we have improved so if he won't stay on better deal important we bring in a good replacement even if they cost 3 million.

Phillips hasn't wanted to be here all year imo. Been frustration because its very clear from the sideline that he's just not trying or really bothered. However still managed 6/7 goals and most assists I believe. Hopefully like you say we have kept him in the shop window and can potentially get 5-7 mill for him.

Id actually drop Hoilett over phillips and not because of performance but because of the point you made. Philips is playing to be sold where hoilett walks away at the end of the season for nothing. I would like el kayati to come in for him if hoilett has no intentions of signing with us. I just wonder if JFH thinks if he keeps showing faith in hoilett and with his u turn in form under his management whether we can convince him to stay on!

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            Although he has clearly been poor recently, Phillips does still get goals and assists, so wouldnt say he isnt effecting games.

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
              Think it's inevitable he will leave in the summer a cheap option maybe charltons Callum Harriot ? Thought he looked very dangerous at the weekend and with Charlton going down should be a cheap replacement
              Agree, i liked the look of that Harriott. Quick wiki search says hes only played 13 games scoring 3 goals, so not sure why he hasnt payed more?

Comment

Actually think Phillips IS trying, he's just not as good as when he had a PL striker in Austin to aim for.

Personally would ship them both out at the end of the season.

Comment

The cross at Wembley and falling in the camera pit will always be his highlights
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Actually think Phillips IS trying, he's just not as good as when he had a PL striker in Austin to aim for.

Personally would ship them both out at the end of the season.
                    I think you really have him all wrong then. I can agree with others that he isn't putting in the effort that he should but he is definitely influencing games for sure.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      I think you really have him all wrong then. I can agree with others that he isn't putting in the effort that he should but he is definitely influencing games for sure.

The reason I am so annoyed with him is the fact that he has influenced games when playing with such a lack of enthusiasm.

If he was playing with heart and pride this season I think he'd be sitting on 10-15 goals from the wing at least and possibly the same sort of figures for assists. However it look like he has decided to show his unhappiness through abject performance which is such a shame and imo not the brightest idea.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Haven't said he isn't influencing games. I'm saying that he would be much better with better players and for that reason, he needs to move on.

Comment

I think Khayati was brought in to inevitably replace Hoilett? Assuming both Hoilett and Phillips go in the summer then Khayati would end up slotting in right away for Hoilett.
                          Phillips has been so uninterested this season anyway but we'd still have to replace him and as I've said before, I think Albert Adomah would be the perfect signing to replace him.

I'll trust the management in whoever we sign next season though as we've made pretty shrewd signings this season in the form of Smithies, Hall, Perch, Luongo and Polter whilst the others simply haven't been able to break into the side.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            Phillips has been so uninterested this season anyway but we'd still have to replace him and as I've said before, I think Albert Adomah would be the perfect signing to replace him.
                            Have to agree on Adomah but can't help thinking he'll go nowhere if Boro go up.

Comment

Wasn't there rumours that boro wanted phillips and they wanted to pay cash plus adomah?

I'd take that all day long but I might be wrong. My memory is shocking lol

Comment

Working...
                              X