Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know Polter divides opinions among the fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Polter divides opinions among the fans...

but he is a grafter, a better footballer than some give him credit for and has a decent goals per game ratio for us. I can see him winning over a few and becoming a fans favourite. He came back on to the pitch after the final whistle to give his shirt to a particular fan and was just wondering if anybody knew why?

I'm a big fan of Polter.

So is JFH.

He has pace. He has hunger.

With a little coaching he will improve.. then he will be sold for £200m & hence fund the new stadium.

Who signed him? Was it CR?
    Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by WHITECITYONE View Post

Who signed him? Was it CR?
      It was CR. I think Polter is great, I think he is excellent person and a good player with a lot of room and chance for improvement especially with his work ethic. He also is top class at headers, that goal against Hull was fantastic for any player. He is slowly improving on footwork and control, visible difference from February matches.

Comment

I bloody love Polter. Let's face it, he's not very technically gifted. But gives it 150% every time, and chips in with goals, cant really argue with that.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          I bloody love Polter. Let's face it, he's not very technically gifted. But gives it 150% every time, and chips in with goals, cant really argue with that.
          Agree with every word, there's just something about him that compensates for his technical failings, very exciting essential part of our future in my opinion...

Comment

Not really that good a player based on his performances so far. Can't hold the ball up, not great control, can't win headers from goal kicks, not very quick.

However, if you accept his limitations and the fact he is obviously putting the effort in every game I would take that every day over some of the pricks we have had in over the last few years. Given time, a proper system and possibly a partner up front could turn into a useful player. Certainly willing to give him another year or two and see how he gets on.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
              Not really that good a player based on his performances so far. Can't hold the ball up, not great control, can't win headers from goal kicks, not very quick.

However, if you accept his limitations and the fact he is obviously putting the effort in every game I would take that every day over some of the pricks we have had in over the last few years. Given time, a proper system and possibly a partner up front could turn into a useful player. Certainly willing to give him another year or two and see how he gets on.
              Gotta say, I thought his hold up play yesterday was pretty good, just more often than not he didn't have support. Agree with the rest of your post though.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Gotta say, I thought his hold up play yesterday was pretty good, just more often than not he didn't have support. Agree with the rest of your post though.

These people that knock him should ask themselves would they like to play against him , not very fast but not very slow , a GREAT team player that does what wev'e not had for a while defends from the front , he's a beast Ginge

Comment

Cult hero !

Comment

He's really growing on me. I stand by what I say about him in terms of ability (he is gash), but he gives everything, chased down the keeper, chases down defenders and puts in tackles, plus he has popped up with a few goals so fair play to him. Also little things like him encouraging the fans when he's down in PQR block n that. After the years of mercenaries not willing to break sweat, it's quite nice to see a bit of graft, even if he is limited "technically".
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Whilst on the sunset of Polter, it was great to see him give his shirt away at the end but does anyone know why he chose who to give it to?

Comment

Polter is great, he plays like a sunday league player but is deadly effective. He gets better with every game and I'm looking forward to seeing him play next season now that he's settled in and is adapting to the championship

Comment

Improving every game. Puts in a fantastic shift, and not the Mackie kind. He actually causes a lot of problems and must be a nightmare to play against.

Can't help but like the guy. Cult hero for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Improving every game. Puts in a fantastic shift, and not the Mackie kind. He actually causes a lot of problems and must be a nightmare to play against.

Can't help but like the guy. Cult hero for sure.

Where Mackie would just run around knowing there is no point and he's gonna put enough pressure on to make a difference, Polter times his movement, his closing, his pressure and his hold up really well. His touch is improving so much and he will become a much better all round player because of it.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Where Mackie would just run around knowing there is no point and he's gonna put enough pressure on to make a difference, Polter times his movement, his closing, his pressure and his hold up really well. His touch is improving so much and he will become a much better all round player because of it.
                              Nasser the timing of his run yesterday was absolutely perfect and of course credit for the lovely weighted ball from Chery.

You're right he's only gonna get better. He's really grown on me as a player and as a man. I think his twittr outburst showed us he really does care.

Comment

Working...
                              X