QPR on the big match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR on the big match

Can anyone help me identify the first time I saw Rangers on telly?
    It was around 1970/71 and we were on the big match, we might have been playing either Luton or Fulham, can't even remember if we won or lost.

Can anyone fill in the blanks for an old man?

we played luton and fulham in the 71-72 season beating fulham away 3-0 and drawing 0-0 at home we beat luton 1-0 at home and drew 1-1 away.sorry dunno if the games were on the big match maybe someone can remember from this info.

Comment

Click the link...

The Big Match Games

Comment

Having looked at the listing it begs the question, why the hell isn't the Leeds match in 1975/76 on the QPR Big Match DVD just released. Surely it is the biggest game QPR have ever been involved in, so why not put the highlights on the DVD ?

Comment

Was it broadcast by them?

I remember the Norwich game was, not so sure Leeds??
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Having looked at the listing it begs the question, why the hell isn't the Leeds match in 1975/76 on the QPR Big Match DVD just released. Surely it is the biggest game QPR have ever been involved in, so why not put the highlights on the DVD ?
            Jim Gregory had a stand off with BBC and ITV over the match fees, so the game was never covered by cameras.

Comment

good ol jim.....

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Was it broadcast by them?

I remember the Norwich game was, not so sure Leeds??
                The listings say it was but Nodge is probably right, I do seem to remember some fall out about the coverage. Real pity as I very much doubt we will ever have a day like that again, over 30,000 and vying for the title !

Comment

Working...
                X