Are we watching Simeon Jackson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    I like the idea of us investing in young British players from the lower leagues but as fans and owners are we patient enough? If we were to sign Jackson or Hooper would we be prepared to wait a few seasons for them to improve us?

If we could sign Simpson, Watson, Jackson and/or Hooper we would have a very young British side who 2/3 seasons from now would walk the league but are the owners prepared to wait that long.
    Totally agree SPC, I'd love for us to build a young British side and whilst we are there invest in a proper youth academy.

I don't think the problem is whether our owners would be prepared to wait that long, I think its a question whether our fickle fanbase would be patient enough and for me the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Not much money, but your right not the answer.

i'd rather we was watching a big baulky centre forward or a premiership class striker
      Maybe he didn't cost millions, but still a squad place taken up, and another on the wage bill.
      He's the sort of signing, (whoever made it) that causes a lot of the bad feeling regarding our transfer strategy.

Personally I'd be very happy with two from Simpson, Hooper and Jackson up front... if we want a Big Bloke, we must invest seriously in a strong, mobile, proven centre forward.... instead of these journeymen.
      And I really don't think that's asking for the Earth.

Comment

Working...
      X