Are we watching Simeon Jackson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    I've only just read part of this thread...i havent the time to go thru all of it. BUT can i just say, to all, keep the personal insults down please

Bit late for that, eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
      Been watching 8 min video of 25 of Jacksons Gillingham goals on Youtube.Very much like Simpson only more prolific.Only 5'7" but a real handful,quick and strong and very confident a la Lita.Perhaps a bit too much like Simpson to be able to play together ???.....
      Simeon Jackson's Gillingham Goals
      8 min
      www.youtube.com
      Not for one minute did I think that my original thread on this excellent striker would deteriorate into such a tirade of hostile exchanges as wev've witnessed on this board.Just chill out everyone and do yourselves a favour by logging on to Youtube's 8 min video of 25 of Jackson's goals for Gillingham.

Comment

Messageboards....

It is a sad fact in football now days, but delving into the league below(let alone further down)to find a good player that will sustain a place in your team , are past.

HA ranger's comments regarding Wolves are correct - they have brought in lower league strikers and they are not cutting it in the premiership.

There ahve been quite a few promising strikers from League one of past few seasons that do not seem to have been able to step up to the next level.One of the main reasons is the expectation levels of the club and the fans these days.Our one example, had we not had faith in Les's ability - where would he be now.

Nowdays - the premier league seems to be split into about 3 different leagues.The quality of the teams coming up never manage to cope with the big boys, despite good efferts from Stoke and Hull, they all seem to sink and get relegated.

When you have players at the top four clubs, sitting on the bench week in week out, taking their over the tops wages, what chance do the "smaller" club have these days.Even the likes of Birmingham Sunderland have trouble attracting players - top players - so they have to settle for second rate foreign players or failed home grown talent.

Ideally - sides likes us would buy the likes of jackson to get us out of this league and then get better players when we arrive in the premiership.But we had trouble in the past attracting big name players, what chance do we have now?

I watched the England game this weekend...and saw 2000 fans travel to a match that most of the over paid prima doner kebabs couldnt give a toss.Rooney aside thats is.Money......

Comment

Just watched the youtube video, the lad scored alot of his goals from pens, but largely i was watching it thinking expert finsher who could get a hat full playing in the same team as some of our creative players.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I don't rate him.
            Lets spend REAL money and sign Hooper who is prolific
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Gotta agree, im a fan of hooper! Prolific and proven at championship level..

Comment

get them both...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                  Gotta agree, im a fan of hooper! Prolific and proven at championship level..

He's only played 7 games in this league in his entire career... he's done well so far, but I wouldn't call that proven, yet.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy with either him, or Jackson... who really looks the part over the last 12 months.

They're both a gamble I'd like to see us take, rather than journeymen and unknown Italians.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                    He's only played 7 games in this league in his entire career... he's done well so far, but I wouldn't call that proven, yet.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy with either him, or Jackson... who really looks the part over the last 12 months.

They're both a gamble I'd like to see us take, rather than journeymen and unknown Italians.
                    Agree, i apologise, i wasnt thinking when i wrote that, was thinking along the lines that they were in the championship last season...

Although werent they in the chasmpionship the season before that and hooper was scoreing??

Either way again proves there is talent in the lower leagues that shouldnt be overlooked.

Comment

I like the idea of us investing in young British players from the lower leagues but as fans and owners are we patient enough? If we were to sign Jackson or Hooper would we be prepared to wait a few seasons for them to improve us?

If we could sign Simpson, Watson, Jackson and/or Hooper we would have a very young British side who 2/3 seasons from now would walk the league but are the owners prepared to wait that long.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                        I like the idea of us investing in young British players from the lower leagues but as fans and owners are we patient enough? If we were to sign Jackson or Hooper would we be prepared to wait a few seasons for them to improve us?

If we could sign Simpson, Watson, Jackson and/or Hooper we would have a very young British side who 2/3 seasons from now would walk the league but are the owners prepared to wait that long.
                        IMO i dont think we would have to wait for simpson or hooper to improve us.

There art is scoreing goals, you dont just lose that overnight, both are scoreiing plenty in struggling teams, surely with our creative midfielders these guys would come into there own...

Comment

I like what I see but I'm not sure he's PL striker, maybe a bit too small and thin...alltough I'd wouldn't at all be surprised if Jackson scored 15 at this level. I also understand the discussion about buying players from lower leages and I believe it's the best way. We can't compete with top/mid clubs in the PL at this moment and by picking up top players from lower leauges and a few like Watson we could be a Hull, Stoke, Wolves and so on... Then, we can invest in a new stadium and maybe attract even better players.

Haven't seen Hooper at all but most people seem to rate him highly. This means there're three strikers out there if we add Beckford...we'll see around christmas if we'll end up with one of them. :-)

Comment

Problem is Jackson and Simpson are very similar
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Problem is Jackson and Simpson are very similar
                              You could say the same for Balanta... so by that logic, he has a long wait for a game too, as long as Simpson is playing.

I don't see a problem with two smaller, pacey strikers, as long as they work well together.
                              In an ideal world, Pellicori would have been the problem solved.... but he's not the answer.
                              Just an opinion on him, but - Money Wasted.

Comment

Not much money, but your right not the answer.

i'd rather we was watching a big baulky centre forward or a premiership class striker
                                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                                X