Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do we need?

And who would you want?

we pretty much know we are in for a right back, right midfielder and two strikers and possibly a keeper.

mine would be............

bentley gk

oxford rightback

redmond rw

roofe or washington fw

gayle fw

sell green, sandro, philips, jet. offer toare in a raffle. get shot of tozer, godbern, mackie,
    Last edited by Hitman34; 17-01-2016, 08:05 PM.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not many would argue with much of that Hits, have you made a New Year's resolution by any chance?
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I'd like us to give Smithies a chance in goal for a bit. Should sell or give away or pay someone to take Toszer off us

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        I'd like us to give Smithies a chance in goal for a bit. Should sell or give away or pay someone to take Toszer off us
        Ha, ha. My thoughts exactly! Problem is, he's not the only one that we need to be paying another team to take him off our hands! You can add : Green, Traore, and Angella to that list!

I'd like to know what the hell is going on behind the scenes with : JET, Sandro and Diakite too? If it's a question of attitude and they don't want to be putting in extra training, as per the Managers request, then they need to be shipped on too!

Give Smithies a go now for the rest of the season, and keep Lumley as reserve. We don't need another keeper IMHO.

We could do with a decent, quick, young, attacking RB. Someone promising from the lower leagues perhaps? I hear the lad Harriman at Wycombe is pretty good?

Now that Ned and Hall are re-united in the heart of the defence we are good there. Would like to see either Robinson (when fit) or Kpekawa (when recalled from his loan) played at LB, instead of Konch.

With Philips holding down the RMF/RW berth (but for how long?) we are good there. Would like to see either Ale or Sandro (if we could sort his issues out? And if he stays this transfer window?) playing in CMF as the holding player, leaving Luongo a free run in the other CMF position. Hoillett seems to have a new lease of life (now is that due to his contract running out at the end of the season or not? Again, will he be still with us at the end of the window?) in the LMF/LW role.

Fer in the number 10 role, has hit a bit of form the last couple of games, so happy with him. And Polter as the loan CF, with 3 in 4, we can't ask much more can we from, dare I say it, a limited player?

So, all in all, and after the sale of Charlie, it all depends on who goes and who stays in this transfer window. Right now, we need a RB and a couple of Strikers I'd say. But that's if everyone else stays. A big IF, if you ask me.

Come on You R'rs!!!!!

Comment

Not a f ack in sight?? Would keep Phillips tbh.

Comment

Probably wouldn't change much tbh. Keep playing Luongo in his actual position and bring Jack Robinson back into the fold slowly . Buy Washington or Roofe and get in Gayle or Bamford on loan. Find a young RB from the lower leagues. Don't need any wingers unless we sell Phillips. Got chery and Mackie for cover. Want a player to take over Karl Henry next season maybe this lad Lundstram from Oxford, wait till summer maybe.

Comment

Striker is the priority for now. Would like any investment to be concentrated on that position

Comment

Right winger
                Left winger
                Two strikers

Sell Green, Sandro, Phillips and Fer.

I think it's imperative the players we sign are quick, especially the wingers. Pace causes so many problems and we severely lack it.

Although I think we're poor in the full back area, it'll keep until the summer.

Comment

I'd rather sell Hoilett than Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    I'd rather sell Hoilett than Phillips.
                    Hoilett has been available on a free since the summer. No one interested due to his high wages. Will leave on a free in the summer, hardly a coincidence his form has improved as he's playing for his next move.

Comment

We need a

Rb
                      Rw
                      Lw
                      2x strikers

Perch ain't good enough but handy utility player

Phillips and hoilett are off either this month or summer so moves now to build for next season would be ideal depending on who goes. Ie if phillips goes this month it would make sense to bring in at least a rw now and of houlett here to the summer than we can address that then.

2 strikers - 1 perm and 1 loan to a perm.

Hoilett needs to be moved on in the summer unless we get him signed up a massively reduced deal that represents a player who has performed under par the last 3 years and is playing in the championship.

If I was to be greedy a cm like Lansbury would be amazing but not other essential areas to be addressed first.

Quite happy with smithies as number 1 and Lunley number 2 tbf.

Biggest thing the club need to have sorted is to make sure no embargo is round the corner or they certainty need to busy on the next 2 weeks.

Comment

i'd imagine jimmy has his eye on 4 or 5 players . hopefully he'll nick 2 or 3 of them . a striker is a must and a young FB would do nicely

Comment

Working...
                        X