Signings with Statistical and visual analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southport View Post
    The kind of post that gets fans dreaming! Might not happen...

No chance. les has probably never heard of him. i will eat teds, cats, penis if we sign this bloke for 8mil.

nasser is having a tony moment.

#dream
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

From now on we need players who Hitman34 labels as #rightsort. IOW, we need players with character, personality and ability to adapt fast to a new culture in a new country.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Mitchell Te Vrede - Fox In The Box: 24 years old, Heerenveen, Netherlands.
        7 Goals in 10 Starts and 2 Sub Appearances this season, totalling a goal involvement every 119 minutes.
        Te Vrede made the move from Feyenoord where he wasn’t getting enough game time to Heerenveen for 350k over the summer. As we know from Chery, players in the Eredivisie are chronically undervalued at times (especially if they don’t play for Ajax or PSV) and Te Vrede was and still is one of those players. Currently valued at 700k after a barnstorming start to the season, the 191cm (6’3”) tall striker is very much an aerial threat given his physicality yet all of his goals so far this season have come from a fantastic right foot. He’s also maintained his minutes per goal ratio for the last 3 seasons which shows consistency to me. His hold up play is a very big element of his game, winning almost 4 aerial duels per game in a league where the ball is played mostly on the ground. He’s also managed a 37% conversion rate from inside the box, another impressive stat.
        Te Vrede hasn’t had much exposure globally yet and its difficult to get many clips of him and the best clip I could find was actually a goalkeeping mistake leading to a finish from a tough angle.

Given his low value and the fact that he is Dutch, I would not be surprised if a bid went in for him at around 850k.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Simon Terodde - Fox In The Box: 27 years old, VfL Bochum, Germany.
          10 Goals and 1 Assist in 18 appearances this season, totalling a goal involvement every 122 minutes.
          Simon Terodde is another tall player, standing at 192cm (6’3”), he joined Bochum from Union Berlin on a free in 2014 and hasn’t stopped scoring since. Currently in 2. Bundesliga, his journey seems very similar to Polter’s, and perhaps you can find a few similarities in their height, goalscoring record in the German 2nd Division and journey to success. The difference between these two is that while Polter uses his height to be a general nuisance to opposition defenders, bullying players when he isn’t on the ball, Terodde uses his physicality to beat the opposition, holding players off and combining that with his calmness and composure to slot in 32 goals in 56 appearances for Bochum as well as 7 assists. Currently valued on the market at 1.05m, he’d fit well within the price range we can expect to be looking in, and would have at least 3 or 4 good years in him before his value even comes close to diminishing (Taller players have a long shelf life compared to shorter and more pacy players).
          Here is a taster of what to expect from him if his performances last season for Bochum are anything to go by:

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Football Manager also counts, stop playing it Nasser. Although its a great game, it isnt real.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              Football Manager also counts, stop playing it Nasser. Although its a great game, it isnt real.
              Believe it or not, as much as I play those games, this is not from them haha. A lot of this information I've gotten from either WhoScored.com or Transfermarkt.co.uk

Just for the record, many people think these signings are unlikely because they've never heard of them. But almost no one here had heard of Chery or Polter before they signed. The club has a decent scouting network so I wouldn't be surprised if they went the way of players like this, especially with JFH in charge now. Look at him bringing El Khayati to Burton, he does like to go outside the norm in terms of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                If we were a prem team then I would agree but not while we are in the championship mate, We will not sign him.
                Agreed. Normally i agree with you NAS, but not a chance in hell he will go to the championship. Is more than capable of holding his own at a mid table prem club.

I do like the approach and logic though.

Comment

I'm not sure you can mention poulter and then in next sentence say we have a good scouting network.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    I'm not sure you can mention poulter and then in next sentence say we have a good scouting network.
                    Good scouting network is different to having actually good scouts haha. We find players others don't know about, but that doesn't mean they are always great XD. But I think he'll come good.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Good scouting network is different to having actually good scouts haha. We find players others don't know about, but that doesn't mean they are always great XD. But I think he'll come good.
                      I like this thread very interesting but tell me Nas does it take into account other areas like attitude,workrate,psycholigical makeup,injury history,family and all those
                      other areas that we should be looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        I like this thread very interesting but tell me Nas does it take into account other areas like attitude,workrate,psycholigical makeup,injury history,family and all those
                        other areas that we should be looking at.
                        Workrate has been accounted for, as has injury history. Family is totally irrelevant, attitude is based on hearsay from clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          A valid statement.

I think having the knowledge of areas to scout is one thing. (including knowledge of upcoming players...) and Having that knowledge to determine if they are half decent or could be with a Frank Lampard effort rate is another.

Comment

Thing with stats are they only go so far. Actually scouting and watching player is needed.

Also hope QPR build their foundations on recruiting hungry British players.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              Thing with stats are they only go so far. Actually scouting and watching player is needed.

Also hope QPR build their foundations on recruiting hungry British players.
                              Agreed - but you still need talent to do this. Its one thing seeing a player score a hatrick but it still takes skill to tell if they are going to be a star in future years.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                                Agreed - but you still need talent to do this. Its one thing seeing a player score a hatrick but it still takes skill to tell if they are going to be a star in future years.
                                100% agree. Its why having the right team in place is vital.

Comment

Working...
                                X