Signings with Statistical and visual analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signings with Statistical and visual analysis

Alright, expecting some people to probably slam the use of statistics in this thread, but I've been looking for a while at different possible signings in all positions where it is necessary. I would say that would be at Right Back, Left Back, Goalkeeper, Centre Mid, Striker, Number 10.

My thought process here was to look at potential players in different age groups who could be within a good budget and offer us the best for different scenarios. As I go along, I’ll explain each player and what they’ve done to fit the bill.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

So I’m going to start off more interesting with the strikers. What we need is to look at different types of strikers who can compliment different roles. So I’ve broken them down to 2 categories: ‘Ball Users’ and ‘Fox In The Box’. In Rangers terms: Eduardo Vargas and Charlie Austin are the best examples of each of these. So I’ve broken my findings into these two categories. I’m gonna be looking for performances from this year and last year in order to determine who fits the bill. I’m going to fill up this thread over time with different players so as not to clog up the first few posts. If you have any interesting or unique suggestions, comment them and I will try and do a background on them
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Luis Muriel - Ball User: 24 Years Old, Sampdoria, Colombia.
      4 Goals and 4 assists in 13 Starts and 4 Sub appearances this season, totalling a goal involvement every 136 minutes.
      The reason Muriel has made this list is down to his technique and availability, with Sampdoria apparently willing to let go of him this month should they sign Ciro Immobile from Sevilla, according to this article:

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/...52/story.shtml

This is my least likely move but should we get good money for Charlie (assuming Les’ valuation is correct), I can see this being an intelligent move for us, to bring in what many championship managers would consider an ‘unknown quantity’ (alongside almost all the others on this list. He is currently valued at 7 million so expect a deal to be possible close to the 8 million mark given his availability and long contract (he only signed in the summer).
      In terms of the statistical decision to recommend this player, his ability on the ball is very unique. He is by no means small, standing at 178cm (5’10”) yet possesses incredible pace and agility on the ball, as well as a very good awareness of players around him. Think of him as Vargas mark two. He has managed to pull of 2.1 successful dribbles per game in the league out of 3.8 attempted which is a very neat record, but his vision is also a very key trait, playing 1 key pass per game. With players like Phillips and Hoilett here running on to every ball, you can expect his ability to bring others into play to be huge for us.
      His conversion rate is quite impressive from inside the box as well, with him hitting 19 shots in total from within the box in his 12 starts as striker, and 4 of them going in: A 21% conversion rate. Bear in mind that this is against top goalkeepers in Serie A and he will undoubtedly get more chances here per game, meaning many more goals. A video of his performances so far this season will show a rough diamond, someone who needs to be able to take more chances, but someone who will undoubtedly become valuable to us in the future, especially under the guidance of JFH and Sir Les, two of the most clinical players in the history of the Premier League.

Many will say that he is too big for us, which may be true, but he is a player with something to prove, after having a breakthrough season with Udinese a few years ago before losing his way. He’s starting to find his feet now in terms of his talent, and a move to a physical league like the championship might be the kickstarter he needs.

Comment

Sorry Nas but no chance mate with this lad. We wont be spending that sort of money for a while

Comment

Can we keep your findings realistic please? We're a mid table championship club.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Can you find out some stats on Bradley Dack please nasser. Really rate the kid

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              Sorry Nas but no chance mate with this lad. We wont be spending that sort of money for a while
              Its actually more likely that he would come on a loan, especially with it being from Italy, they really more than anything need him off their wage bill. If he does come on a loan with option, it isn't really that unlikely. But I do see your point, the other strikers I have lined up are much more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Can we keep your findings realistic please? We're a mid table championship club.
                As I stated in the third post, this is without a doubt the least likely signing but that doesn't make it impossible. As I said, he's really not been exposed and you must bear in mind we still have pulling power (Chery deal for example). Who knows, but this is certainly the most difficult to pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  As I stated in the third post, this is without a doubt the least likely signing but that doesn't make it impossible. As I said, he's really not been exposed and you must bear in mind we still have pulling power (Chery deal for example). Who knows, but this is certainly the most difficult to pull off.
                  My bad, I'm on nights this week and am skim reading everything lol.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Think we should use Chery at No 10. Got to stick with him, started first couple of games well, then lost a bit of confidence.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I'm lost for words!

Comment

You've played way to much Fifa pal. But I like the thought that's gone into this.

Comment

#StatisticalRightSort

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Its actually more likely that he would come on a loan, especially with it being from Italy, they really more than anything need him off their wage bill. If he does come on a loan with option, it isn't really that unlikely. But I do see your point, the other strikers I have lined up are much more realistic.
                            If we were a prem team then I would agree but not while we are in the championship mate, We will not sign him.

Comment

The kind of post that gets fans dreaming! Might not happen...

Comment

Working...
                              X