Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As Sullivan Leave Birmingham, Does this Apply to QPR Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jfish View Post
    Nodge, We weren't exactly in a financially sound position.

Look at the difference in players we now have
    But it's a massive leap to similarly predict that a) they'd go, b) Flavio/Bernie would want their cash back c) sponsors would immediately rip up 4 year deals without penalty d) no-one else would want to buy us and e) that administration would be imminent.

Comment

Well i'm glad they invested cos i don't think we would be in the Championship or even Div 1 if they hadn't.

Comment

The smaller investors have been priced out and driven away by our club. Our club no longer considers an advertising board displaying Joe Bloggs and son builders merchants good enough to sit alongside Chronotech et al.....

There are many of these small investors, QPR fans, who weren't even contacted to see if they wished to renew their advertising within the ground.

Comment

It's not good that they were not consulted but Joe Bloggs builders and Son's are not going generate Rangers enough cash to get us into the Premier League.

Comment

david sullivan/david gold the future owners of west ham.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
              It's not good that they were not consulted but Joe Bloggs builders and Son's are not going generate Rangers enough cash to get us into the Premier League.
              Perhaps not but, these are the kind of people who are loyal rangers fans and collectively made a sizeable contribution to the financials.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                david sullivan/david gold the future owners of west ham.
                Yep then we can all watch the Hammers yo yo between the Prem and CCC just like Brum!

Comment

"throughout our stay we have asked for local people to join us and invest in the club, but no-one ever has. The Level of expectation is so high, yet whatever you deliver is not enough"

Pete we the supporters have invested time and time again if you cant see or realise that then thats a shame but its a fact
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I was thinking more of the potential investors before Flavio came along.

They may have been interested, but when it came to stumping up the cash, they had none.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

not entirely true, local investors were about and had money but for various reasons deals were not done.
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

all clubs fans are fickle...

brum are a joke, rarely a gate over 20k last season and they went up!!

qpr would be ok if not for the high prices....the high prices raised expectations , the club did that not fans!!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Quotes he made today.

"People say we don't spend enough money on players, but what people don't see is the money spent on wages"

"and when you get beat by Blackpool home and away, and you have 3 players earning more than their entire squad, it makes you feel sick"

and this one which I think applies to QPR fans, even though he is talking about the Brum fans.

"throughout our stay we have asked for local people to join us and invest in the club, but no-one ever has. The Level of expectation is so high, yet whatever you deliver is not enough"
                          Without a doubt, just read any thread related to the MIttals buying us out!

Comment

Why are some people so naive to think you can oly improve if you spend big on transfer fees, and wages are irrelevant....

Would Arsenal rather have spent £5m on an average centre back rather than get Campbell for Free and pay high wages...

Would MAdrid have rather spent £5m on Pennant or get McManaman for Free....

Birmingham got Phillips for free and he helped fire them to the prem.... were they moaning?

Just some uk examples, but there are numerous others why transfer fees are't everything.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Quotes he made today.

"People say we don't spend enough money on players, but what people don't see is the money spent on wages"

"and when you get beat by Blackpool home and away, and you have 3 players earning more than their entire squad, it makes you feel sick"

and this one which I think applies to QPR fans, even though he is talking about the Brum fans.

pete unfortunately i already unveiled mr sullivans name yesterday evening

Comment

Working...
                              X