Bungs/Cuts/redknapp - QPR related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungs/Cuts/redknapp - QPR related

Anyone else clock that Vine has been chatting about his £2.5million move and how it's disgusting that Newell took a cut of transfer fees?

Personally I think people should deffo not take a cut of transfers as it encourages flogging of players - shirley?

Doesnt happen at QPR but I wonder at what teams it does happen at?

Keane maybe? He likes spending a small fortune
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    Anyone else clock that Vine has been chatting about his £2.5million move and how it's disgusting that Newell took a cut of transfer fees?

Personally I think people should deffo not take a cut of transfers as it encourages flogging of players - shirley?

Keane maybe? He likes spending a small fortune
    Gerry Francis used to do that when he was QPR Manager.

Part of his contract was that if a player increased in value as part of his managership, he'd be entitled to a slice of the profit. It was widely reported at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartRs View Post
      Gerry Francis used to do that when he was QPR Manager.

Part of his contract was that if a player increased in value as part of his managership, he'd be entitled to a slice of the profit. It was widely reported at the time.
      Yep - Francis definitely did and I'm pretty sure that some Directors have had similar clauses. Whilst I wouldn't say it's common, it's certainly not unheard of and all above board. Sort of like a performance related pay out for the manager/DoF.

Think Redknapp had similar when he was DoF at Pompey.

Comment

Warnock.

Comment

If its in a Manager or DOF's contract there isn't anything wrong with it.

Comment

I have no problem with them taking a percentage of any profit if it is in their contract as long as they pay a percentage of any loss on the ones they sell at a loss.
            18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

its been going on for ages...good old harry...lol

Comment

Oh long time no see Hammer.
                I hope you haven't looked at a premiership league table of late.
                Its ok though because when we get promoted we will save you a place in the championship!!!!
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

yes i`ve had a look,i look 4ward to my visit to LR next season!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

Please STOP talking out of your bottom Scott. This has been happening for years. Dougie Freeman was a free transfer to Barnet, oh minus the spondulies GF got in a briefcase!

I've named a player of old but it has happened many a times since pretty much on all of our new signings. Ask yourself why BASE is used a huge majority of the time!
                    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                      Please STOP talking out of your bottom Scott. This has been happening for years. Dougie Freeman was a free transfer to Barnet, oh minus the spondulies GF got in a briefcase!

I've named a player of old but it has happened many a times since pretty much on all of our new signings. Ask yourself why BASE is used a huge majority of the time!
                      Freedman was £50k to Barnet plus a 25% sell on fee that was activated when he went to Palace. As per GF's legit contract, he was due his % on that deal. Nothing in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X