Austin

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    If we don't buy or sell anyone:

Green
    Perch Onuoha Hall Yun
    Sandro Luongo
    Phillips Fer Chery
    Austin
    By a country mile - still think we need a "proper" left back. Jury is still out for me on Yun and Konchesky even though he played well last night isn't the long term solution to that position.
    Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Subs Yun for Robinson!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        If we don't buy or sell anyone:

Green
        Perch Onuoha Hall Yun
        Sandro Luongo
        Phillips Fer Chery
        Austin
        change Perch for a better RB and I could live with this, only prob being dont think Austin,Phillips,Fer,& poss Sandro will be here come the end of August

Comment

No way.

Green - the same.
          Perch - Isla was far far superior.
          Nedum - the same.
          Hall - don't know anything about, can't comment. Imagne Caulker is better though (I know it's a bit of a bandwagon to say Caulker is god awful though so some won't agree).
          Yun - the same.
          Sandro - the same.
          Luongo - too early to say if better than Barton. Certainly younger, more promising & better suited for where the club are at now, but better? Not so sure.
          Phillips - the same.
          Fer - the same.
          Chery - Vargas was better. Chery looks a fine player for us at this level though, I am not knocking him at all.
          Austin - same player.

Given the players OP has stated, the only positions we have new faces in & can compare for this thread are:

Perch vs Isla
          Hall vs Caulker
          Luongo vs Barton
          Chery vs Vargas

Also, I would imagine 2 or 3 of Fer, Phillips Austin will be come come September 2nd anyway and not a single one of their "replacements" are as good, not near.

In summary, I think we will have a far worse squad than last year HOWEVER we are in a different league, with different aspirations and I am happier with the squad we have now and the direction the club are trying to go in (and no that's not to League 1 for you pessimists ).
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            No way.

Green - the same.
            Perch - Isla was far far superior.
            Nedum - the same.
            Hall - don't know anything about, can't comment. Imagne Caulker is better though (I know it's a bit of a bandwagon to say Caulker is god awful though so some won't agree).
            Yun - the same.
            Sandro - the same.
            Luongo - too early to say if better than Barton. Certainly younger, more promising & better suited for where the club are at now, but better? Not so sure.
            Phillips - the same.
            Fer - the same.
            Chery - Vargas was better. Chery looks a fine player for us at this level though, I am not knocking him at all.
            Austin - same player.

Given the players OP has stated, the only positions we have new faces in & can compare for this thread are:

Perch vs Isla
            Hall vs Caulker
            Luongo vs Barton
            Chery vs Vargas

Also, I would imagine 2 or 3 of Fer, Phillips Austin will be come come September 2nd anyway and not a single one of their "replacements" are as good, not near.

In summary, I think we will have a far worse squad than last year HOWEVER we are in a different league, with different aspirations and I am happier with the squad we have now and the direction the club are trying to go in (and no that's not to League 1 for you pessimists ).
            Better individual players mentioned granted but wasn't vargas a bit of a wrongun according to some? Just one "Bad egg" can spoil everything. Barton divides fans regarding his persona so why wouldn't he divide players? Some people simply can't stand the man and that must apply in the football world too. Seeing as its a team game id say we are better off this season, there isn't that feeling of players really not wanting to be here . even the ones looking to move are putting in a shift

Comment

Working...
            X