Premiership Crowds At Loftus Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
    The chance was missed years ago, to extend LR, by not buying the school ground.
    yes that was the time to act.anyway can anyone remember when we had some sort of hot air contraption drying out the pitch?
    people living nearby complained of the noise and we had to get rid.
    i think our single failure as a local club is not to have got the locals on board.how many other grounds do you see flags of other clubs in bedroom windows right next door?

Comment

Yep i remember the big plastic tent thing that covered the pitch with the hot air blower underneath......i think.

I also remember David Bulstrode if he lived was planning to add a retractable roof to LR.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Why dont we move to the White City Stadium
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

No, we would definately need to expand. I reckon we'd average 20-22,000 over a season in the premier league. And if we dared to believe in the dream, a 30,000 capacity stadium with scope to expand if necessary would be essential.
          If Chelshyte can do it, then Queen's Park Rangers most certainly can.

Comment

Cant grow as a support base with a 18/22000 stadium......got to have a state of the art stadium for the prem, 28/30000 capacity.

We have to stop living in the past, and LR is past it.

Comment

I love Loftus road, if we could extend it then i would be the first to say do that rather than move... But being realistic i dont think we could expand so a move would have to happen...

Trouble is, where to? and wheres there a big enough plot of land that is suitable and local?

And just for the record imo if we get to the prem im confident we could get 20k plus a week no problem.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I love LR too, symbolises a lot about QPR and its traditions imo.

Could add a teir to SAR, plenty of space there and Petes right, another teir in Ellersie would work.

In fact, someone told me a while we even had planning permission
                Now, Then, Forever
                [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                  I love LR too, symbolises a lot about QPR and its traditions imo.

Could add a teir to SAR, plenty of space there and Petes right, another teir in Ellersie would work.

In fact, someone told me a while we even had planning permission

When the club built sar they wanted it higher, council refused permission, dont see how club can build on top of ellerslie, houses too close will block out natural light, no room behind the stand as gardens come right up to boundry, also dont believe the club has any planning permission to extend any of the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                    You cant make it a 25k stadium. So what's the point?

Actually you could but I believe you'd have to expand the loft and the ellerslie rd stand together.

There is not a chance in hell we could expand the ground over the course of one summer.

The way forward IMO is to demolish one stand at a time and rebuild where necessary. The roofs need to be removed and cantilevered, all the steps need to be recast and the depth increase to meet modern stadia seating parameters.

The concourse areas of the Ellerslie Road I would sink into the ground effectively creating tunnels in order to the drop the gradient for a lower tier and have a steep upper tier. Then and only then might you achieve another 4000; increasing the Loft capacity wouldn't be so difficult as you have the room so that would be another 3000 - similar to the Away End at Villa Park.

Then you have the SAR which needs a cantilevered roof and the School End which would be better served as a single tiered stand.

If we got promoted then we couldn't simply expand whilst playing at home through the season, we'd have to ground share with Fulham there is no other way around it.

Personally I think H&F Council should build QPR and Fulham a ground together, it would cost fortune to expand the ground and I'm not to sure there would be any justification in revenue especially if you were talking about building a new ground within 5 years say.
                    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-10-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

we put in plans to the council to add 9,000 seats to ellerslie road, increasing the capacity to 27,000. This was rejected as reported by the BBC a couple of years ago....

I would love to be the architect to redevelop loftus road. Cant see it happening personally and the only option is to move, and leave our beloved shepherds bush.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                        we put in plans to the council to add 9,000 seats to ellerslie road, increasing the capacity to 27,000. This was rejected as reported by the BBC a couple of years ago....

I would love to be the architect to redevelop loftus road. Cant see it happening personally and the only option is to move, and leave our beloved shepherds bush.
                        Mate I wouldn't let you no where near the architecture of the ground if you think you can add 9000 to the Ellerslie Rd Stand.....it would be impossible, trust me I know what I am talking about.

Further more where is your proof that we had a planning application rejected???

Comment

i didnt say we could add 9,000 on to ellerslie road if you read if properly mate. I said the BBC reported we planned to but had it rejected by the council.

Comment

i didnt say we could add 9,000 on to ellerslie road if you read if properly mate. I said the BBC reported we planned to but had it rejected by the council.
                            The BBC never reported this, by quoting it in this way you are effectively buying into belief it can be done.

Wheres the BBC article, I have never seen this report?
                            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-10-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

i remember reading it on teletext in 2005 i believe after our first season back in the championship . make some enquiries...

Comment

i remember reading it on teletext in 2005 i believe after our first season back in the championship . make some enquiries...
                                It probably said expand the Ellerslie Road to 9000

Comment

Working...
                                X