We are two league games into the new season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are two league games into the new season

and the transfer window has not closed. I appreciate two disappointing games but why the blind panic and angst? Did people really think we would walk this league from day 1?

The rest of the transfer window could go any which way but we are told to expect 2-3 more signings. Who knows what will happen with Green, Phillips, Austin and Fer.

Maybe my expectations have been lowered by decades of supporting this team but for me about consolidation and hoping that in the second half of the season we will look pretty impressive and take that into next season. We have just been relegated and had an almighty change around of players. It will take some time for them to gel and find their level.

It is easy to analyse games and players to death but maybe we should take a deep breath and give it time and see if the new way of doing things can work. Knee jerk reactions are rarely right. The previous way of doing things sure as Hell didn't work.

Bit of common sense here which is nice to see, not the usual knee-jerk reaction.

Comment

What do you think you are doing, coming here with your positivity and logic and common sense. We are rioting on this message board.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

2 league games into the season and 2 poor performances carried on from a dozen poor premier league performances since end of march so no need to panic just yet let's wait for another half a dozen or so poor performances then reevaluate
        R's

Comment

Hopefully Ramsey will be gone by next Sunday. Annihilation against Wolves and defeat by Rotherham should secure that and we can then build a new club with Warnock!

Comment

Wont do jack with a youth coach in charge

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              and the transfer window has not closed. I appreciate two disappointing games but why the blind panic and angst? Did people really think we would walk this league from day 1?

The rest of the transfer window could go any which way but we are told to expect 2-3 more signings. Who knows what will happen with Green, Phillips, Austin and Fer.

Maybe my expectations have been lowered by decades of supporting this team but for me about consolidation and hoping that in the second half of the season we will look pretty impressive and take that into next season. We have just been relegated and had an almighty change around of players. It will take some time for them to gel and find their level.

It is easy to analyse games and players to death but maybe we should take a deep breath and give it time and see if the new way of doing things can work. Knee jerk reactions are rarely right. The previous way of doing things sure as Hell didn't work.
              Not completely on the negative side, but not a happy clapper either. I'm concerned that the club is going in the wrong direction and I have a place in this Forum to air my opinions and concerns. I know people go way over the top but most of them are passionate about the club, some have supported the club for a long time, spent untold money travelling up and down the country supporting the club. I sympathise with them as I can see the club is not being run as it should, the team isn't playing as well as they can be and there not happy about the manager. So when you say after '2 games' it isn't, it's been a culmination of 4 seasons in which the highlight was a fantastic day at Wembley.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Why does everyone have to be either a happy clapper or a doom monger. There is plenty of us imbetween.

Comment

I'm all for giving him a bit of time with a new squad but he doesn't help himself . One up front doesn't work unless you've got serious quality . It's supposed to give you extra possession yet we had what 38% ? That's outrageous especially at home and he made some very suspect subs yet again . Jury's out for me

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Not completely on the negative side, but not a happy clapper either. I'm concerned that the club is going in the wrong direction and I have a place in this Forum to air my opinions and concerns. I know people go way over the top but most of them are passionate about the club, some have supported the club for a long time, spent untold money travelling up and down the country supporting the club. I sympathise with them as I can see the club is not being run as it should, the team isn't playing as well as they can be and there not happy about the manager. So when you say after '2 games' it isn't, it's been a culmination of 4 seasons in which the highlight was a fantastic day at Wembley.
                    That's the thing though. It is four years of false hopes and mistakes which have ripped what was left of the soul out of this club. Big name managers signing wrong sorts who saw us as a step down but thanks for the salary. Can't wipe that away overnight. Coming out of that is little short of carnage.

I'm hardly a happy clapper but am prepared to give it some time. I like the idea of what the club is now trying to achieve. Haven't a clue if CR the right man in charge but we can't tell based on debacle of last season and a couple of games of this one. Seem to remember Ollie arrived with a whimper in our relegation year.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                      I'm all for giving him a bit of time with a new squad but he doesn't help himself . One up front doesn't work unless you've got serious quality . It's supposed to give you extra possession yet we had what 38% ? That's outrageous especially at home and he made some very suspect subs yet again . Jury's out for me
                      Donīt know about that. Maybe Chery carried a niggle and needed a little rest so he is ready for Wednesday? Surely we need to give Polter some playing time? Gladwin had just been involved in a clashing of heads and his repacement JET very nearly seeled the win for us moments before the equaliser?

I think all three substitutions made perfect sense, and allowed him to continue with a system and gameplan, that had worked pretty well apart from Hillīs defensive mistake for their first goal...
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        Donīt know about that. Maybe Chery carried a niggle and needed a little rest so he is ready for Wednesday? Surely we need to give Polter some playing time? Gladwin had just been involved in a clashing of heads and his repacement JET very nearly seeled the win for us moments before the equaliser?

I think all three substitutions made perfect sense, and allowed him to continue with a system and gameplan, that had worked pretty well apart from Hillīs defensive mistake for their first goal...
                        Cr stated cherry was out of steam . Didn't look it to me , to me he looked out best attacking outlet and seen as we can't defend for #### I would have thought attack would be our best line of defence . Should have started two up too at home and gone after them . Instead he tried to play a clever formation aimed at retaining possession when players were struggling to make simple 5 yard passes . If he wants up to keep possession someone like faurlin should have been in there . All just opinion of course

Comment

I don't think we should walk this league but think squad is far better than the 'consolidation and build for long term' crowd seem to make out. I'd say it's playoff standard. We can't sack Ramsey because we've given him a 3 year deal at back end of last season.

Comment

sack ramsey

sack ramsey and les bring in warnock and holloway and buy andre gray job don
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Beat Wolves and everyone will keep calm
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X