I'm sorry Matty and 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    9 shots on target first 2 games, 4 conceeded.
    And what about the 1,000 last season and the season before! Exaggerated obviously, but the fact remains you are totally deluded if you think Green is at fault for that goal

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
      And what about the 1,000 last season and the season before! Exaggerated obviously, but the fact remains you are totally deluded if you think Green is at fault for that goal
      I'm not the only totally deluded one then, cos plenty think he shouldve done better with that.

"Green has a million and one shots to stop each game." That's deluded........... 4 goals in 9 shots.

Comment

I'm not the only totally deluded one then, cos plenty think he shouldve done better with that.

"Green has a million and one shots to stop each game." That's deluded........... 4 goals in 9 shots.
        Kaspar Schmeichel has let in 3 goals in 8 shots.

Costel Pantillimon has let in 7 in 14.

Petr Cech has let in 3 in 8.

None of them are bad keepers. Petr cech is the only one of these to truly make a mistake in conceding.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Kaspar Schmeichel has let in 3 goals in 8 shots.

Costel Pantillimon has let in 7 in 14.

Petr Cech has let in 3 in 8.

None of them are bad keepers. Petr cech is the only one of these to truly make a mistake in conceding.
          Erm.... Were talking about Rob Green here statto. Stick to Football Manager and let the adults speak

Comment

Erm.... Were talking about Rob Green here statto. Stick to Football Manager and let the adults speak
            Why don't you read into your statement about the fact that he has let in goals despite not having supposedly many shots to deal with. On average in a premier league week from the first two weeks of this season, a keeper has had to make 2.9 saves per game. The average number of shots on target in the premier league in the last two weeks is 4.3.

In the championship, a keeper has to deal with 4.29 shots per game on average so far this season. They have to make 2.91 saves which is fairly similar to the prem stats. Green has had to deal with 4.5 shots per game (average) and has made 2.5 saves which is fairly average this season. However last season, this was very different. He had to make on average 3.7 saves per game and had to deal with 5.6 shots per game.

Only lukasz Fabianski had to make more saves than Greeno in the prem last season so its true that he has to make significantly more saves than most keepers because of the quality of our defence from the sides. My point with the above statistic about the other keepers is that stats from 2 games cannot be used to make a judgement call on keepers. These people have barely better statistics than Green yet we are using his stats from the first two games of this season to justify a point which has been disproven in the past over a longer period of time.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Why don't you read into your statement about the fact that he has let in goals despite not having supposedly many shots to deal with. On average in a premier league week from the first two weeks of this season, a keeper has had to make 2.9 saves per game. The average number of shots on target in the premier league in the last two weeks is 4.3.

In the championship, a keeper has to deal with 4.29 shots per game on average so far this season. They have to make 2.91 saves which is fairly similar to the prem stats. Green has had to deal with 4.5 shots per game (average) and has made 2.5 saves which is fairly average this season. However last season, this was very different. He had to make on average 3.7 saves per game and had to deal with 5.6 shots per game.

Only lukasz Fabianski had to make more saves than Greeno in the prem last season so its true that he has to make significantly more saves than most keepers because of the quality of our defence from the sides. My point with the above statistic about the other keepers is that stats from 2 games cannot be used to make a judgement call on keepers. These people have barely better statistics than Green yet we are using his stats from the first two games of this season to justify a point which has been disproven in the past over a longer period of time.
              Sorry got bored with your reply and couldn't be arsed to read after the first sentence.

So i'll just say. Yes?

Comment

Working...
              X