One step at a time guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step at a time guys

As excited as i am about our current form, i feel some people are getting a tad over optimistic on where we are currently heading.
    Talk of automatic promotion is nonsense at this stage of the season and i ask people to look back a month...with enough problems about the club to fill a fair sized textbook. Not much has changed since then, and while i subscribe to the camp that 'things were'nt that bad', i also have a membership to the 'things are not that rosey' club. Its the experience of being a lifelong football fan, a fan who supports QPR which finds me firmly camped with my buttocks uncomfortably dangling either side of a wooden fence.

Things have been encouraging on the pitch, but our lack of depth upfront (probaly the most stated point on all MBs for the last 18 months) is going to kick in and hurt sooner or later unless addressed. There are other positions on the pitch that will be affected in time but you already know that.
    Off the pitch the Flavgate saga is in full swing, and where that is heading is anybodies guess. I feel it will be many fullmoons until that one is put to bed.

To get promoted we will need to maintain (or near to) the level we are currently playing. As it stands, i can see Faurlin, Connolly, Ramage, Heaton & possibly Balanta & Ephraim capable of standing up to the plate when called. Not enough imo although i will be happily proved wrong.

If we had played and lost the palace game, (not inconceiveable given the history) we would be sitting 12th, a position we know very well.

One step at a time guys..... (IMO)

Calm down Mutley or Waterbuffalo will tear you a new ######## for being miserable.Oh no its just me he dont like.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

only a 15 year old would talk about automatic promotion.
      all I am saying is enjoy the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X