Lukaku and Kone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukaku and Kone

Watching the match, I was concerned by what these two would do but what a job Ned and Caulker did with them. Don't think I've seen Lukaku so useless in a match. Thought the only players who let us down yesterday were Yun, Hoilett and Zamora and to a degree Sandro (albeit more offensively on his part with the poor passing). both goals came from that side of the pitch and I wish we could have done better with them. At least seeing ned and Caulker in particular showing some maturity defensively.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

we lost 2-1
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Felt Everton were woeful and any other premiership side would of beat them yesterday imo.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        we lost 2-1
        Ok
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I really liked the way Kone belatedly celebrated St Paddys Day by dressing himself up as a human Guinness, fair play to him.

Performance wise, thought they were both poor to be honest, agree with OP that we done a decent job on them.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Watching the match, I was concerned by what these two would do but what a job Ned and Caulker did with them. Don't think I've seen Lukaku so useless in a match. Thought the only players who let us down yesterday were Yun, Hoilett and Zamora and to a degree Sandro (albeit more offensively on his part with the poor passing). both goals came from that side of the pitch and I wish we could have done better with them. At least seeing ned and Caulker in particular showing some maturity defensively.

Are you Caulker's love child? Yesterday was one of his better games for us but the bloke has been a liability. Playing way above his level.

Comment

Are you for real? hahahahahaaaa Nasser lad come on mate...................

Whenever Kone and Lukaku broke i thought they would create a chance so we cant have done that good'a fvcking job on them.
              Oh yeah, we also lost 2-1 thanks to more shambolic defending with players so free and open it was un-real.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Are you for real? hahahahahaaaa Nasser lad come on mate...................

Whenever Kone and Lukaku broke i thought they would create a chance so we cant have done that good'a fvcking job on them.
                Oh yeah, we also lost 2-1 thanks to more shambolic defending with players so free and open it was un-real.
                But they didn't create the chances so I don't see your point, they break but not past the centre backs. It was literally Yun at fault for the first one. Only him. Caulker and Ned were doing their jobs to tighten the angles and close the options and they did a very good job of that.

Comment

But they didn't create the chances so I don't see your point, they break but not past the centre backs. It was literally Yun at fault for the first one. Only him. Caulker and Ned were doing their jobs to tighten the angles and close the options and they did a very good job of that.
                  We lost again from another shoddy defensive performance and your sitting there praising our defenders!!?? - And as for you saying it was only Yun haha.. take a look at their 1st goal again and tell me where Caulker was? You chat sh1t mate, Caulker and Ned didnt have a clue of their angles, have a look!!..

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    We lost again from another shoddy defensive performance and your sitting there praising our defenders!!?? - And as for you saying it was only Yun haha.. take a look at their 1st goal again and tell me where Caulker was? You chat sh1t mate, Caulker and Ned didnt have a clue of their angles, have a look!!..
                    Well, I have a picture here showing Caulker being exactly where he needs to be and Yun being totally out of position.

Now, explain to me exactly what caulker did wrong here? He is blocking any shot, limiting it to sideways passing or backwards passing. Whereas Yun is for some reason covering the only player who isn't actually a threat, when he should be covering the wider point and leaving lukaku for onuoha.

Comment

Tbf nasser you're right on this 1; that goal was down to Yun being totally out of position.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Think you can point finger at both Hoillet and Yun as both decided to ignore Coleman and leave him free

I think Everton were arguably the poorest side we have seen in the bush this year and they still won that says it all. As for Lakaku and Kone being poor i think Thats more to do with the people playing the ball as i though they got themselves into some great positions had the ball be delivered so agree with WLR

How Everton on that showing are not in bottom three is beyond me there every lucky its so poor this season down the bottom

Comment

Also where was Hoilett on that first goal? He should have been tracking Coleman and all

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Think you can point finger at both Hoillet and Yun as both decided to ignore Coleman and leave him free

I think Everton were arguably the poorest side we have seen in the bush this year and they still won that says it all. As for Lakaku and Kone being poor i think Thats more to do with the people playing the ball as i though they got themselves into some great positions had the ball be delivered so agree with WLR

How Everton on that showing are not in bottom three is beyond me there every lucky its so poor this season down the bottom
                            Pish easy six points off us has helped immensely. Same with hull.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                              Also where was Hoilett on that first goal? He should have been tracking Coleman and all
                              This is my point that Hoilett and Yun were the players that truly cost us the game yesterday. Didn't know where to be and left their man far too easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X