Attendances..Falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendances..Falling

I'm guessing the club are panicking about losing supporters. 4 games in, family offers, Evening standard advertising and not forgetting the Palace free kid offers.

is it simply down to the current financial climate or are the cub marketing it in the wrong way?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I really hate it when we advertise in papers. great day out at qpr I think we waist a lot of money this way, For a just a few supporters that see the ad.
    I think 4 for £20 is a better way of getting attendence up

Comment

Evening Standard has a six figure circulation, not counting its placement in the London Lite version. Opens up a massive market. Chelsea and Fulham use it regularly but it is horrifically expensive.

Poor attendances are easily explained.

Unattractive football/Inertia around the club/Poorly marketed/Core fan base disenfranchised/high prices

Perfect storm. Take a while (or the play offs) to turn around this particular tanker.

Comment

agree - evening standard is a good place to market.

It's good enough for Chelsea - it should be good enough for us.

I am taking advantage of the 4 for £20 offer this weekend, after the box office kindly said they would refund the tickets I just purchased in the family stand and swap them!
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Market to our own supporters and it works.

Forget about the STandard in my view
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

its a shame we cant do deals for every game.am i right in thinking that there is some sort of limit on how many times a season you can put offers on?
            if thats right who is behind it?

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
              its a shame we cant do deals for every game.am i right in thinking that there is some sort of limit on how many times a season you can put offers on?
              if thats right who is behind it?
              dont mind that as long as they remember us ST holders that have already paid full price for tickets...not gonna be too happy if they do offers on every game so it works out the money i paid out for season tickets might as well have stayed in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Not going to entice any "new" fans that way Pete.

Target market through the Standard would be to tap in to a seam of floating supporters who wouldn't be adverse to paying PL prices in the long term. Worked brilliantly for Fulham.

Comment

Exactly. The club can run this offer every game this season but then the cost of an adult seat becomes less than a tenner a game or £230 for the season...a damn site cheaper than a ST.

They should run this about 3 or 4 times a season and choose the right timing and fixtures. They have done well as we just got an away win, played well at Chelsea and are playing a side who don't travel too well.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    dont mind that as long as they remember us ST holders that have already paid full price for tickets...not gonna be too happy if they do offers on every game so it works out the money i paid out for season tickets might as well have stayed in my pocket.
                    yeah well you are whats called a captive audience.you made your choice to put your wonga up front.more fool you i reckon.
                    so if the club needs more bums on seats then they have to lower prices.

Comment

totally agree :shocked:

wouldn't hurt the club to go through the data base and offer fans who have either decided not to re-knew their ST or plainly haven't gone for a while free tickets, say 200- 300 free tickets wouldn't hurt the club & would be great PR

i full ground is better then an half empty one, as it will be tomorrow, regardless of the revenue :exciting:

Comment

I will go on record, as saying I will give my time up free to contact QPR supporters (on the database, who don't go now) and offer them £20 for family of 4, I'll guarantee I would get a better response than the Evening Standard.

I would do it for a hour a day in the morning, and I would get more.

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                          yeah well you are whats called a captive audience.you made your choice to put your wonga up front.more fool you i reckon.
                          so if the club needs more bums on seats then they have to lower prices.
                          im a captive audience because i read on the marketing booklet that the club sent me again pre season that by buying a season ticket i would be saving money. If this is not the case and the club continue to offer special offers on tickets that will negate my money saving purchase (making me a fool ) i will be phoning the club demanding a rebate. Wont be alone either .

Comment

I will go on record, as saying I will give my time up free to contact QPR supporters (on the database, who don't go now) and offer them £20 for family of 4, I'll guarantee I would get a better response than the Evening Standard.

I would do it for a hour a day in the morning, and I would get more.

fair play to you and i'd say your right (#### me have i agreed with you twice in less then an hour)

did you say you'll pay for the £20 for 4 tickets!!!!!!

if so i'll have about 20, is that OK

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                              totally agree :shocked:

wouldn't hurt the club to go through the data base and offer fans who have either decided not to re-knew their ST or plainly haven't gone for a while free tickets, say 200- 300 free tickets wouldn't hurt the club & would be great PR

i full ground is better then an half empty one, as it will be tomorrow, regardless of the revenue :exciting:
                              I agree with this......I don't see how paying money to advertise helps?......are we really going to convert people to QPR because of a newspaper advert......attractive football, success etc is what brings in new fans.....until we have that, you need to concentrate on the niche market that exists and try to entice QPR fans back into the ground. QPR have many lapsed season ticket holders on their database (I must be on it and I haven't been to HQ in years) so I'm sure a mailshot to them would be more effective and probably cheaper which in itself frees up more money to offer better discounts......In theory it would be better for the club if they let people in for free to fill the seats but that is commercially practical.......but how about letting people in for nothing for the last 20 mins just to fill seats for the final push and basically get behind the team? Or half price tickets at half time? I know it's a weird concept but why not think outside of the box? The only issue is that it seems our home support already apply pressure which has a negative result on our performances so do we really want bigger home support?

Comment

Working...
                              X