No announcement yet.

Vargas question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news is we don't play for another 14 days so should be sorted in time.

Comment

The Home Office rules are openly published and available to anyone who can be arsed to read them. Frankly, the club ought to be fully appraised of the player's nationality and immigration status. Virtually all clubs and foreign players are aware of the advantage in obtaining EEC nationality via ancestry, marriage or settlement so I think it's a bit ropey if we've been a bit dilatory in addressing this aspect of things in relation to Vargas.
      BTW... Our law allows anyone who's been lawfully settled/resident in UK for 5 years to obtain British nationality - a huge amount of foreign footballers have quietly done this over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
        As I said on another thread yesterday Man Utd signed Rojo before us and he still hasn't got clearance to play. It's just the way things are some obviously have different reasons why they take longer.
        That's because Rojo had an altercation with a neighbour back home in 2004 although he was never charged the incident remains on his police file. So he needs to explain himself to embassy staff in Madrid. I wonder if Vargas is in a similar position?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          BTW... Our law allows anyone who's been lawfully settled/resident in UK for 5 years to obtain British nationality - a huge amount of foreign footballers have quietly done this over the years.
          Bloody immigrants ......... Vote UKIP !
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
          X