Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I no longer have a soft spot for QPR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I no longer have a soft spot for QPR...

....Not my thoughts but those of Mirror columnist Ian Windwood.I wonder how many other neutrals or even fans feel the same?Mirror Columnist, Ian Winwood ... Mirror Columnist, Ian Winwood -" Why I no longer have a soft spot for Queens Park Rangers"...
    - This coming Saturday I shall make my now annual schlep to Loftus Road, where I will pay £30 to sit in a stadium that looks as if it is made out of Mechano and Sellotape. Despite the inconvenience Queens Park Rangers have caused me during the years I have lived in London – and Barnsley haven’t won in this part of West London since well before the Beatles recorded their first album – it used to be that I always had a soft spot for the Super Hoops.
    - Not any longer, and I’m sure you understand just why. It is very difficult to look at a club owned by Bernie “Hitler was alright, really” Ecclestone, steel magnate Lakshi Mittal and disgraced Formula 1 race fixer Flavio Briatore and not wonder what exactly has happened to one of the city’s most traditionally overlooked and quietly loveable clubs.
    - As if the sight of rich men watching mediocre football inside a rubbish stadium weren’t disconcerting enough, the Football League have asked Formula 1’s governing body to supply them with details of Briatore’s indefinite suspension from the sport after the ex Renault team boss was found guilty in the recent F1 race-fixing scandal.
    - The Football League has said that it will consider its position once the FIA (F1’s ruling body) has replied to its request.
    - Personally, I can’t see why the league should wait even this long. The rules are quite clear: nobody can be a director of a football club or hold a majority interest in a club if they are banned from another sport by that sport’s governing body.
    - Along with being a director of Queens Park Rangers, Flavio Briatore, 59, is also chairman of the holding company that owns the club.
    - Could this be any more simple?
    - It could, of course, be that the Football League will survey the evidence they receive and chuck the Italian out on his ear. Wouldn’t that be nice? Or this could merely be another example of the game’s authorities being scared to death of people with money and power and thus kicking this issue into the long grass.
    - Me, I’m hoping it’s the former while suspecting it might be the latter.
    - Either way, can anybody help with a word that rhymes with Briatore so I can get a chant going on Saturday? Mirror

anyone who sees this **** at lr on saturday should give him a slap......chinless wonder and a....serwipe of a juno!!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Just read that, what a tool! agree with factamundo, it's slapamundo time on Saturday! :beaten:
      Ramage for England

Comment

i say we stick up 'wanted' posters with the mugs mug on it to put everyone in the picture so to speak..............darn cad that fellow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
          anyone who sees this **** at lr on saturday should give him a slap......chinless wonder and a....serwipe of a juno!!!
          Well said...... he clearly doesnt like us.... so it's simple, don't come!

Comment

cant stand t....ossers like him who will get in free of charge on his media pass then sprout s....hite from the safety of his keyboard!!!!!!...................reminds me of someone else on here!

Comment

Who.....who!?
              Ramage for England

Comment

WANTED

Obviously as stupid as he looks. (Like Rik, from The Young Ones)

I mean, if you can't think of a word that rhymes with Briatore... you really shouldn't write for a living.

Slagging off Flav is OUR job, not his.

Comment

looks like a ####ing spokesman for the terrance higgins trust............a face i could happily put a boot in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                    looks like a ####ing spokesman for the terrance higgins trust............a face i could happily put a boot in!!!
                    ;D;D

hound the ****er out if he shows.

Comment

ian windwood must.............go

hound him boo him jostle him blow raspberries at him........this man must go!!!!!

Comment

yes

yes hes an enemy of the *****sy movement were proud to be *****s
                        we were born *****s look like *****s and are proud to be *****s

Comment

[QUOTE=Robbo;142048]WANTED

Obviously as stupid as he looks. (Like Rik, from The Young Ones)

Looks like his Mum is his Dad, his Dad is his Mum and I would go as far to say he is inter bread northern ****.
                          A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

He has a point about the stadium though..
                            "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                            QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                            Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                            Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

i am truly gutted, some **** from barnsley no longer likes qpr...as if anyone cares for bloody barnsley....michale parkinson can sod off too....

saturday is now war!

Comment

Working...
                              X