Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry: I think we played better today than we did for most of last season....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely

Comment

The future of this club is starting to look good, no one will be laughing at us anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        The future of this club is starting to look good, no one will be laughing at us anymore.
        if we go down then a lot of people will cane us,stay up and we have a good chance of being a reasonable side and with that will come a few plaudits. generally we are hated by a lot of fans around the country because of the past few years and some of our transfer policies. not always easy to turn round if you appear to be desperate to get it right. huge season for us.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Agree with Harry and something to build on - the first goal is these games are always crucial. We should have been in front at half time!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Yep but they arent our competition. Hull is. In prem terms they dont come easier than hull at home and they mugged us for three points. Not panicked yet but we need some points soon. You go three games without a point and before you know it, you have a crisis.
            You miss the point, what I'm saying is that bigger clubs than us don't fire on all cylinders from day one, and they even have the same problems as us in regards to still needing reinforcements. Plus to be perfectly honest, the attitude that we should be beating the likes of Hull easily is not one I'd agree with. They did well last season, falling away at the end as they focused on getting to a cup final. They're also in Europe this year, just a single year after being back in the PL, which their involvement in gave them an edge in match sharpness but I'd say we were at the very least competitive and could have won the game. Like I say, let's not get carried away.

Comment

Harry's said two or three in this week. Fer is one of them it seems. Zaha? The new Iceman from Ajax? De Guzman? Van de Vaart? Kranjcar??????

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Harry's said two or three in this week. Fer is one of them it seems. Zaha? The new Iceman from Ajax? De Guzman? Van de Vaart? Kranjcar??????
                drop the last one and its a step up for the club.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  drop the last one and its a step up for the club.
                  Ain't that the truth!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                    You miss the point, what I'm saying is that bigger clubs than us don't fire on all cylinders from day one, and they even have the same problems as us in regards to still needing reinforcements. Plus to be perfectly honest, the attitude that we should be beating the likes of Hull easily is not one I'd agree with. They did well last season, falling away at the end as they focused on getting to a cup final. They're also in Europe this year, just a single year after being back in the PL, which their involvement in gave them an edge in match sharpness but I'd say we were at the very least competitive and could have won the game. Like I say, let's not get carried away.
                    With respect mate I think you miss my point! I accept that Man Utd didn't get it right. The difference is over a course of a season you know they will. Or right enough not to go down. We don't know that about QPR. I never said beating Hull was at all easy - I said easy in Prem terms, big difference. They lost their last five games last season and at the very least we would have been looking for a point at home to Hull. If you mapped out a series of results over a season in advance I don't see many scenarios where you could lose to the likes of Hull at home and stay up. Of course I accept that its early days and plenty of time to turn it round - but our previous two recent experiences in the Prem suggest that what you hope is just a blip of bad results can very quickly become a pattern. Not saying it will - just saying we shouldn't be quite so blase about losing at home to Hull and this result certainly puts into sharp focus the claims of some fans that we should be looking at a top half finish. I've always seen this as a hard relegation scrap pure and simple.

Comment

not many think its going to be a stroll to safety and know its a battle to the end to stay up. lets not get to down about a first game loss. yr logic of previous starts is based on the teams we had then. imo this set of players have more balls and the window ain't closed. more aware to cope and hoddle will get us clicking. no comparison to previous seasons-feels like this should be our first season up.
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I had us down to losing to hull today in the august thread so im not shocked or worried at all, even less after that performance. I just thought as they had already played competitive games and we had so many new players playing a new system that they might beat us. Got spurs to do the same as hull to us, and we will be properly ready and beat sunderland with some ease. Leicesters star striker scored on his debut, neither of ours did, hence no points, when it could of easily been three with better finishing and not missing a spot kick.
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 16-08-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                          not many think its going to be a stroll to safety and know its a battle to the end to stay up. lets not get to down about a first game loss. yr logic of previous starts is based on the teams we had then. imo this set of players have more balls and the window ain't closed. more aware to cope and hoddle will get us clicking. no comparison to previous seasons-feels like this should be our first season up.
                          Hope you are right mate. It seems like we have gone about it much better this season. If the board bring in Fer and one more they have done everything Harry could reasonably have asked. I'm just cautious because its such a massive, massive step up. Its possible to go about it well and still go down. Or maybe its just too many years supporting the Rangers - I expect it to go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Hope you are right mate. It seems like we have gone about it much better this season. If the board bring in Fer and one more they have done everything Harry could reasonably have asked. I'm just cautious because its such a massive, massive step up. Its possible to go about it well and still go down. Or maybe its just too many years supporting the Rangers - I expect it to go wrong!
                            likewise mate but you have to have hope.....even if its blind!!
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

We really needed to get a point from that game, i know it's the first game but that is the type of game where we should be accumulating points in a bid to survive.

Comment

Got a feeling that Kranjcar is coming and will be given the number 10 shirt...****ing hope not but its on the cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X