Before Doom and Gloomers Arrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before Doom and Gloomers Arrive

We done ok today and on another day we come away with at least a point when you look at the opportunities we created

Today was the same as Leicester last season they came they had one chance took it and took the points

We had two chances cleared off the line (one first half one second) a missed pen, decent chance that Bobby should have got a shot off at the end, Remy through on goal at the end where the keeper saved, free header that Mutch put wide and when Austin mugged the keeper first half thought he should have curled shot at goal instead of laying it off.

Marked improvement on last season and indeed last time we were in the prem but today summed up what the prem is all about you take your chances or you get your a rse tanned . In fairness to Hull they took the opportunity that presented itself but im reasonably reassured after watching that.

Only moan for me was thought we looked shocking defending set pieces

poor goal to concede West, we do seem to have a weakness at set pieces. I thought we done ok too, but you definately get a more accurate assessment if you actually go
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      poor goal to concede West, we do seem to have a weakness at set pieces. I thought we done ok too, but you definately get a more accurate assessment if you actually go
      doing OK and losing is not a good sign
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Did the header take a deflection in??? More positives then negatives for me Faurlin done well given time he has been out, Rio looked comfortable, Remy will be the difference if he stays you can tell defences fear him even Austin, pen aside, looked lively and worked so hard. Simpson as expected was decent defensively but short going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
          one game pick your chin up if we loose 5 or 6 in a row playing well you have a ppoint but until then smarten up 67

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
            yes, but I feel we will improve, last time with Bosingwa and Anton I didn't. No deflection but Rio won't be happy

Comment

did you think we looked over-run in the middle in the second half, football is all about opinions, but someone on here doesn't rate Faurlin. I rate him highly

Comment

I thought we were slow out the block first 15mins of second half. Thought the game was very even and if anyone shaded it it was us. Hull looked an organised decent side who will be comfortably mid table unless Europe does them no favours so to look on a par with them is a good stepping stone in my book.

Disappointed that any side that has Bruce or McShane at the back should get worked a bit more down the middle be we live and learn

Comment

There are still problem areas, but it could have been worse. Nevertheless, we have to remember that this was Hull City at home and they left with all three. That sort of form projected over a season would have us in big trouble. But I think we all know the areas that need attention, Glenda needs to get to work, and I think there will be more business done.

Isla still has to come in and I hope Yun will figure at some stage. Anyone know when Isla is likely to start?

Comment

Its one game Hal how can we talk about projected form after one game

Comment

Have we always left a post unmarked at set pieces??? Can't remember or be bothered to check. Very very sloppy when you think about it.
                      Anyhow lots of positives taken from that game for me, not happy with the result but a decent performance with better to come ...hopefully...

Comment

Can't disagree with much of the above but the frustration for me is I think we are only three, possibly four players away from having a very decent squad that can do very well in this league for years to come. Also the age of the squad would see us only needing one or two decent additions each year rather than the mass additions over the last few seasons.

Even if Remy stays we need another striker with a bit of pace to stretch teams in the same way that Remy does. Need two midfield players, if the rumours are right Fer and Diarra would fit that bill. Finally maybe as a luxury a left wing back, not sure Traore will stay fit and as yet unconvinced by Yun.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                          Have we always left a post unmarked at set pieces??? Can't remember or be bothered to check. Very very sloppy when you think about it.
                          Anyhow lots of positives taken from that game for me, not happy with the result but a decent performance with better to come ...hopefully...
                          QPR used have this problem a few years back.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            QPR used have this problem a few years back.
                            Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X