A big striker needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big striker needed!

I think what we are missing is a big strong striker. Simpson looks as though he will get some goals, and vine helps provide them, however - we have absoloutely nobody going forward with any height and strength. When do we ever win headers from set pieces or crosses anymore? If this can be addressed, i think we have a great side

Still think Adebola would of been good.
    Adebola and Phillips when they were free agents i was gutted
    that we didn't sign them
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Big striker, signifies you want the ball booted up field by the keeper. I'd rather see the ball played on the grass.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Big striker, signifies you want the ball booted up field by the keeper. I'd rather see the ball played on the grass.
        Not at all. The way we are playing, is great! However - how many times do crosses come in from the wingers, wing backs, free kicks, corners - and NOBODY wins a header. The ball is easily cleared every single time. I dont want the ball hoofed up field, but when a cross comes in, we have no threat at all - its clear as anything to me. Dex wasnt my choice, bt hes an example of someone who would score from crosses - doesnt mean we are hoofing long balls!

Comment

Agree with Dando. Apart from Balckstock would have done the job IMO only. No need to debate the Dex sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
            Not at all. The way we are playing, is great! However - how many times do crosses come in from the wingers, wing backs, free kicks, corners - and NOBODY wins a header. The ball is easily cleared every single time. I dont want the ball hoofed up field, but when a cross comes in, we have no threat at all - its clear as anything to me. Dex wasnt my choice, bt hes an example of someone who would score from crosses - doesnt mean we are hoofing long balls!
            Agree. There are plenty of teams with big strikers up front who don't play long ball. Heskey is the prime example of that for England and Villa. Both teams play the ball on the ground and he uses his strength to hold people off. Fuller is the same at Stoke, as is Miller at WBA.

Comment

Very true we need a striker who can on the end of crosses it gives us different options instead of playing through the middle all the time.you cant get rid of blackstock and helgusson who do this and not replace em! pellicori aint good enough

Comment

I think Pete knows all that really - just his way of letting us down gradually. don't think a striker is happening.

Comment

Its so simple ,most teams play with a little and large strike force ,we seem to always play with a link up striker which is fine, but you need variation,come on qpr think about it for gods sake!

Comment

Working...
                  X