Ronaldinho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Who said anything about only needing to "improve the squad on paper"?

Certain players, regardless of age, would improve the side on the pitch......
    Well that's settled then. If a player improves the side on the pitch then he's 100% worth signing. John Terry anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter View Post
      Cesar
      G.Johnson Caulker Rio Lescott
      Giggs(cheeky punt) Barry
      Ronaldinho Lampard VanDerVart
      Defoe

If the only requirement of a signing is that they improve the squad on paper (as some are suggesting), then it's in the club's interest to construct the side above.
      Any objections?
      Wouldnt have lescott at LB. More of a CB for me

Comment

Cesar
        G.Johnson Caulker Rio Lescott
        Giggs(cheeky punt) Barry
        Ronaldinho Lampard VanDerVart
        Defoe

If the only requirement of a signing is that they improve the squad on paper (as some are suggesting), then it's in the club's interest to construct the side above.
        Any objections?
        as much as i dont think this would happen i do like that back 4 esspesially with Lescott now unhappy after a few weeks of signing and Johnson in his last year could be tempted away
        oh and of course Defoe would love him to bang then in at rangers
        TWITTER
        @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
        Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Well that's settled then. If a player improves the side on the pitch then he's 100% worth signing. John Terry anyone?
          Nobody said that either.... Not all players that would improve the team are worth signing. Are you a bit simple or do you just struggle with logic as you're making yourself look stupid with such comments?

Comment

If he's up for the challenge then deffo worth a year contract. Seriously need some creativity in our ranks.

Comment

Nobody said that either.... Not all players that would improve the team are worth signing. Are you a bit simple or do you just struggle with logic as you're making yourself look stupid with such comments?
              90% of people who're in favour of Ronaldinho have cited him "being better than what we've got" as the deciding factor. I.e. him improving us on paper. I've no idea what you're babbling about with "improving us on the pitch", but I thought I'd humour you. Every player only improves us on paper...until they actually play. Caulker has only improved us on paper so far.

Didn't you understand the point I was making with my initial post? You're like the special kid at the back of the class who needs his own personalised explanation.
              Ronaldinho isn't a good fit for QPR- which makes however good he is irrelevant. If Hitler was a 30 goal a season striker, I still wouldn't want him- for off the field reasons.
              Dinho's well past his peak, would be on a massive wage, doesn't fit into our current squad, would consider QPR well below him, has nothing to prove, is totally unaccustomed to English football, is a very short term signing.
              He's a showpony with zero workrate who'd completely upset the apple cart- when we need a team of grafters who're willing to fight for the cause.
              No only that but he's total sh1te these days.

Comment

90% of people who're in favour of Ronaldinho have cited him "being better than what we've got" as the deciding factor. I.e. him improving us on paper. I've no idea what you're babbling about with "improving us on the pitch", but I thought I'd humour you. Every player only improves us on paper...until they actually play. Caulker has only improved us on paper so far.

Didn't you understand the point I was making with my initial post? You're like the special kid at the back of the class who needs his own personalised explanation.
                Ronaldinho isn't a good fit for QPR- which makes however good he is irrelevant. If Hitler was a 30 goal a season striker, I still wouldn't want him- for off the field reasons.
                Dinho's well past his peak, would be on a massive wage, doesn't fit into our current squad, would consider QPR well below him, has nothing to prove, is totally unaccustomed to English football, is a very short term signing.
                He's a showpony with zero workrate who'd completely upset the apple cart- when we need a team of grafters who're willing to fight for the cause.
                No only that but he's total sh1te these days.
                Oh dear. Not only do you put words in people's mouths and post some ridiculous and illogical comments, but you're also arrogant and sarcastic with it...... good way to win people over on here.

Message boards are about opinions, but you take objection to people daring to suggest that a player would improve us on the pitch because they've not played for us. So by that logic nobody should say with any confidence the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Rooney, RVP, Muller, Nauer, Lahm, Vidic etc etc etc would improve our team on the pitch either, because they've not played for us.... maybe we should give them a trial first.

It's equally as pointless to be so adament that a player would be so bad and won't improve us without seeing them play for us first. Surprised someone of your clearly advanced intellect didnt work that one out for yourself.

Yet i'm apparently "the special kid at the back of the class who needs his own personalised explanation"

Comment

A reality check from Tim Vickery

He told Kick Off:

“A number of clubs from a number of different countries are being tossed around as destinations for Ronaldinho.

Major League Soccer in the United States is probably the front runner, Besiktas in Turkey have chased him for some time, but the name of Queens Park Rangers has also come up.

But it’s very difficult to envisage Ronaldinho moving there.

I don’t think there is anyone out there who has followed his form in recent years that believes he could really make a difference in the Premier League these days.

It’s sad to say because he’s a football genius, born with unbelievable talent, but he has betrayed that talent over the past eight years and I don’t think he’s really fit enough to be of much use to QPR.

It’s a vital season for them as they seek to consolidate their place in the Premier League, and they really don’t need a passenger at this time.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/vicker...ZSWizV25V17.99

Comment

Anyway watch this space coz Ronaldinho is bout to reveal who is joining very soon according to Sky Sports. Bets have been suspended with Boca Juniors as fave but papers believe its us.
                    'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                      Anyway watch this space coz Ronaldinho is bout to reveal who is joining very soon according to Sky Sports. Bets have been suspended with Boca Juniors as fave but papers believe its us.
                      He wont come to us anyway. I heard Boca looked most likely, but not sure how well a Brazilian legend would go down in what is an Argentina hotbed.....

Comment

He wont come to us anyway. I heard Boca looked most likely, but not sure how well a Brazilian legend would go down in what is an Argentina hotbed.....
                        Boca have before brought 'legends' that are now way past it. So looks like another 1 about to be added to the list
                        'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

, but you're also arrogant and sarcastic with it...... good way to win people over on here.
                          . Are you a bit simple or do you just struggle with logic as you're making yourself look stupid with such comments?
                          If you're going to sling mud then you're going to have it slung back at you pal!

You're completely missing the point I'm making Del. You created a distinction between "on paper" and "on the pitch" where there isn't one. All "on paper" means is: "in theory improves us on the pitch". Call it that if you like- it was irrelevant to my initial post.

The point I'm making is that rarely do the pro-Dinho camp(or pro other players in the lineup I mentioned) cite anything other than "improving the squad" as a reason to sign them. Or variants on that argument i.e. "well...he IS good?".
                          It's as if the argument for signing(or not) is settled as soon as a realisation of squad improvement is reached. When really there are so many more important factors than that.

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                          he'd certainly add something to the squad
                          Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                          He's (STILL) much more skillfull and (STILL) quicker than Taarabt but people cry out for him to return.
                          Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                          My first thought was god no...Second thought no....Then I look at what we have in terms of a squad. I don't care how old he is/how far he has declined as a player he is still better than Faurlin/Henry/O'Neil by a million miles.

So if he improves the squad/team then sign him up
                          He wouldn't even improve the squad anyway. Listen to the first two mins of talksport's "south American football correspondent": http://talksport.com/football/vicker...-140729104585?

Comment

Grifter, i do get your point, but the simple fact is every signing is a gamble no matter who the individual. Richard Ord anyone.... So any signing is made based on the expectation they will improve our collective offering. Obviousy fans will discuss people on that basis.

Nobody can say for sure if anyone will ultimately be good or bad without actually seeing them play for a sustained period of time.

Comment

Grifter, i do get your point, but the simple fact is every signing is a gamble no matter who the individual. Richard Ord anyone.... So any signing is made based on the expectation they will improve our collective offering. Obviousy fans will discuss people on that basis.

Nobody can say for sure if anyone will ultimately be good or bad without actually seeing them play for a sustained period of time.
                              Fair play Del!

Comment

Fair play Del!

Comment

Working...
                                X