No announcement yet.

Ronaldinho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first thought was god no...Second thought no....Then I look at what we have in terms of a squad. I don't care how old he is/how far he has declined as a player he is still better than Faurlin/Henry/O'Neil by a million miles.

So if he improves the squad/team then sign him up

Comment

slow,overweight,moody,skillful...............wait thats adel!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

but will help sell out every home game .

Comment

/ \ / \
          / \ / \
          / \ / \
          /_____\ /_____\
          For christ sake........NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

the shirt sales alone would pay his way!

Comment

Robinbastewardinho
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

just to watch him bamboozle terry again be worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Having youtubed him he looks like he has great potential, worth a cheeky punt IMO. Discuss?
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Sorry but Ronaldinho and qpr just don't go... sorry but they don't!
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Rather get Walter Pandiani

Comment

It's a weird one, my initial reaction like many others is 'God No!' with instant flash backs to the likes of Park.

However as others have said he WAS one of the worlds best, has been playing regularly in a fairly decent league (Averaging a goal every 3 games) and would probably be a merchandising boost (I know we've been their before!)... I'd give him a go depending on how long a contract he'd want and what sort of wages he'd demand, although I imagine the latter will be somewhat ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          He was the best player in the world at one point but no thanks. 34 yrs old and the geezas slower than Kranjcar. Everyone saying sign him up probably haven't watched him play for about 5 years. Leave these players alone arry, youth and pace is what we need now. We got our fair share of golden oldies
                          I suggest you watch footage of him from only last season.... Theres a goals and assist video. Saying he's slower than Krancjar is laughable when Niko only has 1st gear and reverse...!!

There are plenty of examples that he's not lost his acceleration one bit and can skin players for fun. Also one thing i noticed, which i hadnt really noted when in his hey day and he just bamboozled everyone, was how superb his range of passing and vision was. Some of his creativity, passing and assists were superb. Could we not benefit from someone like that...?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            I suggest you watch footage of him from only last season.... Theres a goals and assist video. Saying he's slower than Krancjar is laughable when Niko only has 1st gear and reverse...!!

There are plenty of examples that he's not lost his acceleration one bit and can skin players for fun. Also one thing i noticed, which i hadnt really noted when in his hey day and he just bamboozled everyone, was how superb his range of passing and vision was. Some of his creativity, passing and assists were superb. Could we not benefit from someone like that...?
                            People here just want to judge someone on their age, if you listen to Van Gaal's interview with sky, he talks about how age doesn't matter to him and what matters is the character. But i notice when he says it, people react like it makes total sense and they have no qualms with it. But then if Harry says the same thing in a different way (The right sort) everyone breaks into a frenzy about it. The man would destroy every single defender in the world still in a one on one situation, he is still bloody fast and he is strong and tall as well. He has a great goalscoring record and as you mentioned, his vision and creativity is excellent for passing but also his shooting is scarily brilliant, the technique he has is unmatchable today and he could definitely be a huge asset. Also might help get Adel's head straight and help him put in a shift if the person who without a doubt is one of his idols is helping him develop his game, in the same way Rio will for Caulker.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Cesar
                              G.Johnson Caulker Rio Lescott
                              Giggs(cheeky punt) Barry
                              Ronaldinho Lampard VanDerVart
                              Defoe

If the only requirement of a signing is that they improve the squad on paper (as some are suggesting), then it's in the club's interest to construct the side above.
                              Any objections?
                              Last edited by Grifter; 29-07-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter View Post
                                Cesar
                                G.Johnson Caulker Rio Lescott
                                Giggs(cheeky punt) Barry
                                Ronaldinho Lampard VanDerVart
                                Defoe

If the only requirement of a signing is that they improve the squad on paper (as some are suggesting), then it's in the club's interest to construct the side above.
                                Any objections?
                                Who said anything about only needing to "improve the squad on paper"?

Certain players, regardless of age, would improve the side on the pitch......

Comment

Working...
                                X