25 Man Squad Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Man Squad Rules

Given were short and potentially could need up to 10 players to meet the quota there is the fear that we might just sign players up so we have a full squad

But does anyone know the rule with regards adding players to the 25man squad if you have spaces left after the transfer deadline date and by that I mean players without a club

If you can add unattached players after the deadline day I would be tempted to leave some spaces to see if any decent options present themselves instead of filling the squad up with players that simply wont play.

Any other views is it best to name 25 and hope there up to it??

It is not a requirement to name the full 25, minimum is 16 i believe.

Think you can sign free agents and register them as long as there is a space available.

Comment

That's what im thinking Norths

There are usually one or two unexpected players that present themselves after the deadline day so instead of naming 25 for the sake of it perhaps its worth holding a couple of places back or we could end up with a player like Perone taking up a place with no chance of an outing

Comment

Its very rare for players out of contract that managers deem to be premier league quality to still be available after deadline day.

Most will be aging stars, which we will have picked up a few of over the last couple of years. See benayoun.

Comment

I would see it as good business to only sign the type of player deemed necessary and worthy and then add a few short term loans to bolster the squad numbers. Would seem a bit panicky and shortsighted to sign unknown or unquantified players for lengthy periods just to make up the numbers.

I can see a busy January window coming up!

Comment

You can add free agents to the squad after the window shuts if you have space.

No rush though, the squad is light at the moment but the window doesn't shut for 7 weeks. Deals take time to complete and as always clubs try to keep players until as late as possible. We're bound to bring in at least 3 players on deadline day, so if you count the 15 now, plus possibles in Rio, Caulker, Fer and Sigthorsson then we're up to 22. Obviously a few will leave and we'll bring more in between the four above and deadline day. No need to panic just yet, all will be sorted.

Comment

How many loans can we include in our squad anyone know?

Comment

I think were going to come up short when it comes to naming 25. Would rather have less players but the right quality then 25 names just for the sake of naming 25

Comment

Working...
                X