No announcement yet.

Caulker tug of war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think charlie will get minimum of 12 to 15 goals which is not bad for the top flight what he needs is only early on to build confidence

Comment

• [QUOTE=Del;1291561]I dont think anyone has written him off....???? However, no matter how good a player is in the Championship you also cant be naive to just assume they will score in the prem also.

Personaly i think he will do well.[/QUOT

Point taken on board about being naive. Thing is there are people saying charlie wont make the step up, I think thats unfair personally. He scored a lot of goals of his own back last year with out much support or creativity.
      With out him we wouldnt of gone up and to me he's proved he's good enough but thats just me. Id prefer us to give charlie a go then go and buy some big time foreign charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Point taken on board about being naive. Thing is there are people saying charlie wont make the step up, I think thats unfair personally. He scored a lot of goals of his own back last year with out much support or creativity.
        With out him we wouldnt of gone up and to me he's proved he's good enough but thats just me. Id prefer us to give charlie a go then go and buy some big time foreign charlie
        I think he's definitely got what it takes but dont want him loaded with expectation.

The cautious argument will highlight many who have done well in the Championship then struggled in the prem, but there are also many who you wouldnt expect much of at all who end up doing well. Some players just click, others dont. I see Charlie possibly taking to it in a similar way to Ricky Lambert. A quality finisher who's come up through the ranks of lower league and appreciates the need to keep working hard, but fundamentally are both great finishers and players who dont need too many chances to make one count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
          I think he's definitely got what it takes but dont want him loaded with expectation.

The cautious argument will highlight many who have done well in the Championship then struggled in the prem, but there are also many who you wouldnt expect much of at all who end up doing well. Some players just click, others dont. I see Charlie possibly taking to it in a similar way to Ricky Lambert. A quality finisher who's come up through the ranks of lower league and appreciates the need to keep working hard, but fundamentally are both great finishers and players who dont need too many chances to make one count.
          I 100 % agree with that. I think charlie will be very similar to lambert but with age on his side. But I do understand the need for prem experience someone with a bit of nous. But am really struggling to think he that would be, keep coming up with two people who are realistic and I dont want them, crouch and defoe.

Comment

I 100 % agree with that. I think charlie will be very similar to lambert but with age on his side. But I do understand the need for prem experience someone with a bit of nous. But am really struggling to think he that would be, keep coming up with two people who are realistic and I dont want them, crouch and defoe.
            Bobby Zamora.

To be honest, get Hooper and Deeney/Kane with Austin and Zamora and that would be us sorted.

Comment

• This thread is on Caulker NOT Charlie Austin ( who is already a qpr player)

Comment

• sky sports............

caulker still considering his options.

qpr looking to go back in with another offer for lacesles
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I really worry that Harry will waste money on Crouch. As for Defoe, don't think hw eould compliment Charlie as they would both be looking for similar runs etc.

I actually think of the players mentioned so far, Van Der Vaart may actually compliment Charlie a lot playing in the hole with his vision and quality threading little balls through etc. His stamina or fitness may be an issue, but late in games if things arent going our way, switich him for Zamora to mix it up a bit.

Comment

• as a newbie i expect to get pelters after reading this board for a good while but never posting..if i were running the club id give all players offered the chance to join us 72hours or the deal is off.this is dragging on like an easatenders plot doing us no good whatsoever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      sky sports............

They know as much as us. They've proved it time and time again with their 'sources'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                        I really worry that Harry will waste money on Crouch. As for Defoe, don't think hw eould compliment Charlie as they would both be looking for similar runs etc.

I actually think of the players mentioned so far, Van Der Vaart may actually compliment Charlie a lot playing in the hole with his vision and quality threading little balls through etc. His stamina or fitness may be an issue, but late in games if things arent going our way, switich him for Zamora to mix it up a bit.
                        Van Der Vaart would be deadly for us, I'd be over the moon signing him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=maidstone_hoop;1291564]
                          Originally posted by Del View Post
                          I dont think anyone has written him off....???? However, no matter how good a player is in the Championship you also cant be naive to just assume they will score in the prem also.

Personaly i think he will do w

I think Harry has educated T F and other board members on running a football cub and how to live in the transfer market , the only downside is Harrys advice seems to have left Phil Beard a shell shocked nervous wreck as far as being able to make a decision regarding transfer matters

Comment

• [QUOTE=dogsrrs;1291598]
                            Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            I think Harry has educated T F and other board members on running a football cub and how to live in the transfer market , the only downside is Harrys advice seems to have left Phil Beard a shell shocked nervous wreck as far as being able to make a decision regarding transfer matters

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• [QUOTE=dogsrrs;1291598]
                              Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              It was much simpler before. Just press gang them and force them on the bus. None of these long, drawn out transfers. Has to be said though that sometimes the bus did get lost. I think it had a woman driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                sky sports............

Ok, enough is enough, Caulker. Move on..
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X