Caulker tug of war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
    Can't believe people getting excited over Troy?! You lot are easily pleased!
    Rather him than Crouch. I'd prefer Troy Tempest to Crouch....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Rather him than Crouch. I'd prefer Troy Tempest to Crouch....
      Neither are good enough except as reserves if we are serious about trying to stay up.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Just a bit less f*cked....

We need a proven Prem or international goalscorer. Way too much expectation being placed on Charlie imo.
        Couldn't agree more,use the funds from remys inevitable sale & go out & get proven goalscorer. May cost a bit but it's the risk we need to take. Would have Hooper or teensy as back up to Charlie and other striker.

Comment

• Deeney...bloody predictive text.

Comment

• Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
            Couldn't agree more,use the funds from remys inevitable sale & go out & get proven goalscorer. May cost a bit but it's the risk we need to take. Would have Hooper or teeny as back up to Charlie and other striker.
            We've already got SWP.....

Surely any new striker will have to be premier league proven......and like someone else mentioned....I keep worrying about a 'crouch signs' headline....

Comment

Neither are good enough except as reserves if we are serious about trying to stay up.
              Who would you like us to go for?

Comment

• Palace done well last season with chamakh, Jerome who are both pretty poor and a lad from Peterborough. Trust Harry, he's been there and got the t shirt. He knows what it will take to keep us up. And I'm pretty sure we won't just sign 1 striker. We've got the money from Remy to spend on a replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  Palace done well last season with chamakh, Jerome who are both pretty poor and a lad from Peterborough. Trust Harry, he's been there and got the t shirt. He knows what it will take to keep us up. And I'm pretty sure we won't just sign 1 striker. We've got the money from Remy to spend on a replacement.
                  well all that would go on caulker in fairness but there isn't any way of avoiding spending serious money if you want to stay up. Remember the then Brum owners - now West Ham - being asked what it took to stay up each season and they just answered "£40 million". I wouldn't blame Tony if he refuses to play that game but then I think we all have to be realistic and accept that relegation is v likely.

As for candidates, fantasy signing would be Lukaku (not realistic I know). Solomon Kalou maybe? The Swansea Spanish striker? Sigothson seems solid. Bit disappointed our much lauded scouts have not come up with more

Comment

well all that would go on caulker in fairness but there isn't any way of avoiding spending serious money if you want to stay up. Remember the then Brum owners - now West Ham - being asked what it took to stay up each season and they just answered "£40 million". I wouldn't blame Tony if he refuses to play that game but then I think we all have to be realistic and accept that relegation is v likely.

As for candidates, fantasy signing would be Lukaku (not realistic I know). Solomon Kalou maybe? The Swansea Spanish striker? Sigothson seems solid. Bit disappointed our much lauded scouts have not come up with more
                    But we was going to sign caulker regardless? Tony wanted Remy to stay. In reality we have the worst squad in the division atm as we only got up by the skin of our teeth. So real quality needs to be brought in if we are to have any chance.

Comment

Palace done well last season with chamakh, Jerome who are both pretty poor and a lad from Peterborough. Trust Harry, he's been there and got the t shirt. He knows what it will take to keep us up. And I'm pretty sure we won't just sign 1 striker. We've got the money from Remy to spend on a replacement.
                      I make you right mate ! H seems to have more of a game plan this time around where as last season he still had to make do with what he had and loans he knew .
                      Me I would be pleased to see crouch come on board H knows him well and knows his game , he would be an asset to the squad able to come off the bench to alter a game plan as you say trust H he is a lot more tactically aware than some like to give him credit for

Comment

But we was going to sign caulker regardless? Tony wanted Remy to stay. In reality we have the worst squad in the division atm as we only got up by the skin of our teeth. So real quality needs to be brought in if we are to have any chance.
                        Agree totally about the state of our squad and what is needed (think some fans are wildly optimistic atm, which evaporates every year after a few balls have been kicked).

However you work it out, assuming we sell Remy and buy Caulker that leaves us with a profit and loss sheet of roughly zero this transfer window. IMO we wd prob need a net outlay of about £30m to stand a good chance of staying up, and then it has to be money well spent. Am just not sure that six million on x Championship striker and free transfer on injury prone ex West Ham midfielder is going to cut it. Or even a past it Van der Vaart. I feel sorry for Tony but if he wants to stay up he is prob going to have to see his trousers pulled down yet again...

Comment

Pulis knows how to organise a defence though. If we end up with Deeney, Crouch, bobby & Austin as our strikers we're gonna struggle - 2 championship stickers and 2 old men. Not too sold on this Ajax youth either, anyone can score in Holland & his inter nation goals have come against the Faroe Islands, Cyrpus, Estonia etc...

Remember we were struggling to score in the championship for a lot of last season - prem is a big step up.

The board have a love for low transfer fees and higher wages, which is stupid as well. Spending big is fine as long as the player's got some resale value..

Comment

• Burnley
                            liecester
                            Villa
                            QPR
                            WBA
                            WHU
                            Sunderland
                            Newcastle
                            Stoke e
                            C/Palace
                            Soton
                            In any order at the bottom it will be highly probable these will be the ones vieing to stay up and we have good reason to think we have as good a chance as most of those , I see a bigger dog fight than recent years
                            Last edited by dogsrrs; 20-07-2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I don't think you should throw in the towel just yet mate. The transfer window's still open and the season hasn't even started yet. I'm sure other clubs have got similar problems to us. We just have to be better than three other teams. Difficult yes, but by no means impossible.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Really not sure why people are stating we are the worst equipped team before the season has even started. We will be getting in players between now and Hull and even beyond. Add Granero tarabbt etc to these signings and we will stand a good chance as any of the others vying for the same position next May !

Comment

Working...
                                X