Caulker tug of war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    If that's true something ain't right. It's up to beard to sell the club and what we are doing to progress and our ambitions. Very scary to think we can offer more money but not sell the club as better place to be then palace.
    Also not bias but I'd prefer.to play for Harry over Paul's every day of the week. Really think things ain't right.
    pulis is a very popular manager with players. A real leader, also he has never been relegated, palace will be very hard to beat next year.
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
      If we hadn't been pissing money down the drain for the past 3 seasons than we could afford to offer a bonus like that. Palace can afford to do that... He isn't the only centre half out there. Missed out but move on. End of
      He's prob the best we could hope for at a decent age and premier experience with something to prove. Just a bitter pill to swallow.to lose out to a scrappy club like palace. Just winds me up that we pay blessings retirement,Zambia, cesar ridiculous money but when given the chance to sign a player like caulker we mess it up big time.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        If that's true something ain't right. It's up to beard to sell the club and what we are doing to progress and our ambitions. Very scary to think we can offer more money but not sell the club as better place to be then palace.
        Also not bias but I'd prefer.to play for Harry over Paul's every day of the week. Really think things ain't right.
        It is slightly worrying but a £2m bonus to stay up is a good incentive for any player. We should be doing similar. Reduced wages but bigger bonuses.

Comment

Palace are in a better position then us... Fact
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

pulis is a very popular manager with players. A real leader, also he has never been relegated, palace will be very hard to beat next year.
            They will be now with caulker. He is a good manager but plays horrible football and if you compared him to Harry and the way he plays personally I'd want to play for a manager who plays the right way and has.a.record of getting cbs playing for England.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              It is slightly worrying but a £2m bonus to stay up is a good incentive for any player. We should be doing similar. Reduced wages but bigger bonuses.
              I agree mate. Very shrewd and clever business. Great incentive for the player to give it everything while the club pay a good but not massive wage. We need to get clued up.

Comment

Palace are in a better position then us... Fact
                I'd disagree. I know we have messed up last couple of years but with our owners we should be looking the better prospect..New training facilities - 35 k stadium in the pipeline, finances to push the club on, west London. We can't have the mentality palace are a bigger club or better place to be or we are bang in trouble. If we want.to stay up we have to be. Eating the likes of.palace to our top targets.

Comment

Maybe he was made promises by HR when at Spurs about playing that never came off and as a result doesn't want to play for him again...? I'm sure for all the players in the game who like HR there are plenty that don't. Who knows.

At the end of the day, if he goes to Palace so what, we move on.

Comment

now weve lost caulker we need lascelle

we go for lascelle now we have lost caulker,i dont care what it costs,lets do it
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      At the end of the day, if he goes to Palace so what, we move on.
                      Exactly my thoughts. Not overly disappointed. Good addition? Yes

Brilliant player? Not so sure.

Others out there? Yes

Will we get them? Not so sure

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        i think some of us really dont understand in the big sea which is the premier league we are the smallest fish,alongside burnley . maybe not as attractive,bar stupid wages,as we ourselves believe....my only concern is dont let it drag on n move on to another target!
                        Thank God somebody posted this.

Comment

I think Harry does it on purpose? He wants Rio shoots his gob off so others are alerted to our targets done it many times before, backs T.F. Into a corner so he has to give in when all the others are snapped up. Why we just can't say anything until deals are done, like many other clubs we'll end up desperate again overages overpaid players, all because H.R. Doesn't like youth?

Comment

When did we all turn into such massive drama queens?

We've not signed players before, we've lost out on players who've decided to sign for other teams (for whatever reason) before.

Why do we have to go through this hysteria now, blaming whoever we can, claiming evidence of mismanagement and incompetence, and swearing undying hatred of the player involved and 'he's two bob anyway'

We apparently competed for a player with a club of effectively equal standing (and arguably a more stable position currently) and he chose the other one.

Fair enough. We have moaned and moaned about our transfer and contract policies over the last couple of years, I'm glad that there appears to be some evidence that we're not going to go exclusively down that route anymore.

It will be frustrating, and probably more so because of the media and Harry's inability to say 'no comment', but as long as we aren't repeating our previous mistakes, I feel a bit more relaxed about the future of the club long-term.

Let's not go back to this please.

Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 12-07-2014, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I was a bit oiled when I posted last night and it does seem a bit dramatic I just think it's frustration , missing out to liverpool I could swallow but it's palace ffs . I know they had a decent season last year and are in a slightly better position than us but they are still rivals of a similar size and stature and we've been pipped . We waste so much time dicking about , it's not about throwing money about I don't want us to go back down that route it's about the time wasting and apparent incompatentcy at closing out deals . This isn't the first and it won't be the last

Comment

Really think this is a ploy to capture Harry's real target which is gonna shock us all with delight !! Just wait for it .

Comment

Working...
                                X