Caulker tug of war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    Van Der Vaart would be deadly for us, I'd be over the moon signing him.
    I agree too mate. Would be a excellent signing. Would certainly add that bit of quality we need in the creative department. But im sure he left london for family reasons thats why i doubt the move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Ok, enough is enough, Caulker. Move on..
      It's the same old problem. Players don't really want to join us but quite fancy the financial package so will string us along just in case someone better doesn't come along. Difficulty is it keeps happening and we are developing a reputation as a fall back position. If we don't play a bit tougher it will be a continuing trend that will leave us scrabbling around at the end of each transfer window. Whilst I would love to sign Caulker might do us good longer term to call time on it and use it to send a message to other players.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        I agree too mate. Would be a excellent signing. Would certainly add that bit of quality we need in the creative department. But im sure he left london for family reasons thats why i doubt the move.
        I'm not sure. I thought he was settled at Spurs but it was just the fact Hamburg wanted him, a club he loves. I don't think we'll sign him anyway, but it would be a real coup for us if we did.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          It's the same old problem. Players don't really want to join us but quite fancy the financial package so will string us along just in case someone better doesn't come along. Difficulty is it keeps happening and we are developing a reputation as a fall back position. If we don't play a bit tougher it will be a continuing trend that will leave us scrabbling around at the end of each transfer window. Whilst I would love to sign Caulker might do us good longer term to call time on it and use it to send a message to other players.
          What's all that based on? Rio here for the money is he?

People need to chill out. None of us have absolutely no clue where the Caulker deal is at. He could be doing his medical right now, or he may have signed and be busy in Cardiff, getting ready to move back to London. Just because it's not been made official doesn't mean it hasn't been done and or being close to completed. Chill and let the board do what's right for the club. TF has clearly changed his approach and will not suffer fools gladly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            What's all that based on? Rio here for the money is he?

People need to chill out. None of us have absolutely no clue where the Caulker deal is at. He could be doing his medical right now, or he may have signed and be busy in Cardiff, getting ready to move back to London. Just because it's not been made official doesn't mean it hasn't been done and or being close to completed. Chill and let the board do what's right for the club. TF has clearly changed his approach and will not suffer fools gladly.
            I suspect Rio is an exception given Ferdy links with club, 'Arry etc.

On Caulker specifically we don't know position and you could be right. Generally I'm very chilled on signings. I think we will get more bodies in. It would just be nice if we took a tougher approach, set some deadlines and stuck to them. For the player it is a massive move for them so if early in window any deadline could be a fortnight so they could speak to other clubs, consider options properly. If late on may have to lower it to a week or something. I'll be very interested to see where we are at end of deadline day. I still think club in good hands (lots of lessons learned) so I'm not worried.

Comment

• So still not announced then!!!....Blokes takin the p*ss, as i said last week move on to the next one, he obviously doesn't want to be with us if it takes this long....we'll have to re-name our self professed itk's as kfa's..

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks charlie is good enough to make the step up, I dont think we need abig name striker, the lad scores goals just needs more chances created for him. Add someone like deeney, maybe a older but proven prem striker too and we got a good front line. Dont forget we are trying to stay up not win the league. We need a team competitive with the bottom 12 teams.
                DO people think charlie or a deeney are not capable of scoring against the likes of palace, burnley, leicester, west brom, villa, sunderland, newcastle?
                One of the best strikers we have had at the club and too many already writing him of, bit of a joke.
                I hope we dont lose our identity this time and players like charlie are given a fair shot as they deserve it and are more than capable of holding their own.
                I'm certainly not writing him off and as far as I know don't think anyone else is? Just think its such a massive step up in standard that if a player gets 20 in the champ in a promotion winning team think you prob have to halve that in the prem for a relegation threatened team. I'm actually defending him because I don't want us to put all our eggs in that basket, then see the crowd turn on him because playing alone up front to arsenal, liverpool etc he isn't able to score. we relied on him far too heavily last season - don't think we will get away with it twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  So still not announced then!!!....Blokes takin the p*ss, as i said last week move on to the next one, he obviously doesn't want to be with us if it takes this long....we'll have to re-name our self professed itk's as kfa's..
                  and this old thread just keeps on trucking
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    I'm certainly not writing him off and as far as I know don't think anyone else is?
                    I am. Not really, I just think we're desperately short on quality and pace everywhere, I don't think Rio is a great investment and with Remy gone Charlie looks very exposed.

I think that's a realistic assessment, but the window is still ajar.

I think you can survive in the prem with an average young side but not an average old one. It's really down to how much staying up means in financial terms.

Comment

• Threads this long are generally reserved for the never cames, like Parker and Hooper and Mvila and a few others I can't remember

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        Threads this long are generally reserved for the never cames, like Parker and Hooper and Mvila and a few others I can't remember
                        Or Hoilett who did ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Or Hoilett who did ;-)
                          Yes, that was a saga and a half.
                          Something doesn't smell right about this one.

Comment

• Most of our transfers are sagas I'm beginning to not care whether he signs or not . If were not good enough for him after he signed for a club like Cardiff 12 months ago then he can **** right off

Comment

• Think it's about that time to cut him off. What a waste of time if he doesn't actually sign.

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks charlie is good enough to make the step up, I dont think we need abig name striker, the lad scores goals just needs more chances created for him. Add someone like deeney, maybe a older but proven prem striker too and we got a good front line. Dont forget we are trying to stay up not win the league. We need a team competitive with the bottom 12 teams.
                                DO people think charlie or a deeney are not capable of scoring against the likes of palace, burnley, leicester, west brom, villa, sunderland, newcastle?
                                One of the best strikers we have had at the club and too many already writing him of, bit of a joke.
                                I hope we dont lose our identity this time and players like charlie are given a fair shot as they deserve it and are more than capable of holding their own.
                                Too many have written Charlie off??? Come on then, name and shame. If you can.
                                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X