Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Agree Rich
    Does it matter when he comes if he does eventually? We need him, moving on would be churlish when there is still a chance of getting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Is that in response to my post? I did not realise you wd take it quite so to heart - as others have said, it was just a light-hearted comment, certainly no malice in it. Don't know what to do to cheer Mem up - shall I give myself some points?
      Perhaps Mem feels there's a bit of cyber bullying going on. There are things the mods let go at times which really they shouldn't. Some of the name calling that's allowed at times verges on offensive in some people's eyes, which can feel offensive.

Just because there are fans with a difference of opinion they get called deluded or clueless or some other derogatory term. What gives these people the right to turn into a cyber yob from the safety of their computer?

There's a number of people who resort to outright abuse (they know who they are) when they are unable to debate. They hunt in their little packs and lay into some people on here.

I work with some of the most vulnerable people in society, and have seen the effects that cyber bullying has. There are a few posters on here that overstep the mark at times. If they're not careful, they could find themselves in a bit of bother. They have no idea if the person they're having a pop at suffers from mental health issues. Banter is one thing, personal abuse is another.

Could I suggest the mods take a closer look at abusive posts before someone ends up in front of a beak. If you think I jest, I've seen it happen on a politics forum.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• I hate all this speculation. Why can everyone comment on DONE deals rather on maybe? Ok, so far we got Ferdinand. For this first year back in the Premier he will be good. Other then that, we'll have to wait. Just hoping to bring some younger players with something to prove. After this season, there will be another and another season......

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Perhaps Mem feels there's a bit of cyber bullying going on. There are things the mods let go at times which really they shouldn't. Some of the name calling that's allowed at times verges on offensive in some people's eyes, which can feel offensive.

Just because there are fans with a difference of opinion they get called deluded or clueless or some other derogatory term. What gives these people the right to turn into a cyber yob from the safety of their computer?

There's a number of people who resort to outright abuse (they know who they are) when they are unable to debate. They hunt in their little packs and lay into some people on here.

I work with some of the most vulnerable people in society, and have seen the effects that cyber bullying has. There are a few posters on here that overstep the mark at times. If they're not careful, they could find themselves in a bit of bother. They have no idea if the person they're having a pop at suffers from mental health issues. Banter is one thing, personal abuse is another.

Could I suggest the mods take a closer look at abusive posts before someone ends up in front of a beak. If you think I jest, I've seen it happen on a politics forum.
          Well said, so many double standards and personal agendas/vendettas on here its untrue.

Comment

Is that in response to my post? I did not realise you wd take it quite so to heart - as others have said, it was just a light-hearted comment, certainly no malice in it. Don't know what to do to cheer Mem up - shall I give myself some points?
            Bully!

Comment

Great post!!!
              Kept the faith!

Comment

• Nothing to update tonight. Its all gone quiet regarding caulker.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Thanks for your post Rich. Am sorry you feel that. I know what you mean about some posts going too far, I confess I have pondered over a few such posts lately (tho I don't know the history of this issue with Mem). At the risk of sounding self-serving, my post was purely a ref to some fairly comical thread about a chauffeur. For long time posters they will know that this has quite a WRTRB tradition with overly optimistic rumours stretching back to Ched Evans (whatever happened to him?) apparently being "in the bath". We had another target "on the bus", so confident were we that they had signed. This transfer window we apparently had someone in the back of a limo. I don't think Mem was even the poster of that rumour! I love rumours but in quiet moments wondering if they are true or not you do need to have a bit of a laugh, or this wd be a v dull place. In this particular incident there is a bit of sensitivity and perhaps misinterpretation, tho as I say it appears there is some history here which I don't know about.

More generally we as mods are in a no win situation. We were, I think, stricter a year or two back - but then there was a revolt by a lot of regular posters who accused us of being too strict/ PC etc. This is new for all of us (last decade) with lots of very different people coming together, in this case just because of a love of QPR. What seems totally natural to one is horrific to another. We clamped down on a lot of casual racism for instance, which now pretty well all posters realise is a red line but only a few years ago caused massive debate. Ditto anything trying to glorify football violence.

We all have busy lives and are not monitoring it 24/7, and sometimes by the time we see a controversial post the conversation has moved on. All I can ask is if you do see someone being bullied we do take it seriously and will act if you PM us. We want everyone to feel welcome here, and it should be fun.

Cheers.

Comment

Absolutely priceless. We are all suppose to men on here plus a few girls but still most of the time it s banter with a few heated debates here there, it happens because we are all passionate about our clubs. Fact is we are all from different backgrounds on here and sometime lines get crossed with out any malice intended. Sometimes when people write things like you have just put I just want to cry and say why do you sound like a little girl or presume your some snooty twit of the higher class, but I bet your not.

Cant really see any cyber bullying going on lol or name calling haha. Deluded or clueless is hardly out there is it. Nick was right the other day to many do gooders on here looking for a problem when there just aint one.

Comment

Thanks for your post Rich. Am sorry you feel that. I know what you mean about some posts going too far, I confess I have pondered over a few such posts lately (tho I don't know the history of this issue with Mem). At the risk of sounding self-serving, my post was purely a ref to some fairly comical thread about a chauffeur. For long time posters they will know that this has quite a WRTRB tradition with overly optimistic rumours stretching back to Ched Evans (whatever happened to him?) apparently being "in the bath". We had another target "on the bus", so confident were we that they had signed. This transfer window we apparently had someone in the back of a limo. I don't think Mem was even the poster of that rumour! I love rumours but in quiet moments wondering if they are true or not you do need to have a bit of a laugh, or this wd be a v dull place. In this particular incident there is a bit of sensitivity and perhaps misinterpretation, tho as I say it appears there is some history here which I don't know about.

More generally we as mods are in a no win situation. We were, I think, stricter a year or two back - but then there was a revolt by a lot of regular posters who accused us of being too strict/ PC etc. This is new for all of us (last decade) with lots of very different people coming together, in this case just because of a love of QPR. What seems totally natural to one is horrific to another. We clamped down on a lot of casual racism for instance, which now pretty well all posters realise is a red line but only a few years ago caused massive debate. Ditto anything trying to glorify football violence.

We all have busy lives and are not monitoring it 24/7, and sometimes by the time we see a controversial post the conversation has moved on. All I can ask is if you do see someone being bullied we do take it seriously and will act if you PM us. We want everyone to feel welcome here, and it should be fun.

Cheers.

Ditto
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/724112799?-294:802

Liverpool out of race according to The Times and Southampton consider his wage demands "extortionate". No wonder the club feel confident enough to give him a deadline.

Comment

Cheers.
                          Mate you dont need to apologise, you guys do a a brilliant job and as someone who's on here nearly every day and not always posting but I witness the debates and comments and most are absolutely fine. I find a difference in class is whats happening here, we are getting more snooty people posting who cant hanle any banter and do want this to be more pc. But if you do go to pc you will ruin this site. We have lostt some decent posters and tbf some of the posters who are being targeted by some of these new pc brigade are the ones from the beginning and that does need to be respected or more will leave imo.
                          To many sensitive soles on here. If your going to have a debate be prepared for some flack especially if the stuff you are spouting is rubbish. Not everyone speaks the queens english on here.
                          Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 18-07-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/724112799?-294:802

Liverpool out of race according to The Times and Southampton consider his wage demands "extortionate". No wonder the club feel confident enough to give him a deadline.
                            So that just leaves us and palace.
                            Hmmm

Comment

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/724112799?-294:802

Maybe that's the problem and nobody wants to pay the amount he is asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                Maybe that's the problem and nobody wants to pay the amount he is asking.
                                If there is any truth in the article then I would not be too upset if tony told him to sling his hook. Clearly money grabbing cant

Comment

Working...
                                X