Not offical YET but...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
    He did......so give him a big bonus and say cheerio.

Don't waste a valuable 25 man squad place on him......
    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      If Bobby does sign would mean no Crouch
      Ok....that actually makes me feel better about it!....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
        He did......so give him a big bonus and say cheerio.

Don't waste a valuable 25 man squad place on him......
        But nobody minds wasting one on Faurlin though?

Comment

The trouble we have and others have recognised it too is the 25 man squad - if we have Zamora, Faurlin , Dunne, Hill, Murphy, traore , oneill (if he signs) , Ferdinand (if he signs) - they are all old and injury prone. In isolation each player does add something but it will leave places for only 17 players. Arguably there is every chance that all of the 8 I've mentioned won't be available in any one week, if there previous injury record is anything to go by

If you add the fact that nedum, Barton, Charlie, hoilett, matty Phillips all seen to have periods of time out injured - I'm getting concerned

Harry needs to be careful with the depth of the squad given the age and injury records of these players

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            If he is on anymore than 15k a week then serious questions need to be asked.
            according to the sunday people, it's £15k a week. if true, that's an ok wage for an experienced prem-level player who can, when fit, make an impact from the bench.

(to put it another way... zamora on £15k feels a lot better than crouch on £60k (plus a signing fee))
            Last edited by klonk; 06-07-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
              according to the sunday people, it's £15k a week. if true, that's an ok wage for an experienced prem-level player who can, when fit, make an impact from the bench.

(to put it another way... zamora on £15k feels a lot better than crouch on £60k (plus a signing fee))
              Agree with that actually.

Comment

Good for him....been playing well since he got that injury sorted

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Very decent shout Vespa and does demonstrate just how blinkered some of our fans our. They moan about giving contracts to the likes of Rio and Bobby because of injuries then literally wet themselves because Faurlin got an extension who has as bad an injury record the last few years as anyone I can think of. Their problems with Rio and Bobby in my view is not the injuries just that they simply don't like them

For the record im pleased he did get an extension
                  There's a difference between Ale and Rio. About 8 years. I think Ale definitely loves our club and wants to get fit to play for us. That's why he deserves this chance
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    There's a difference between Ale and Rio. About 8 years. I think Ale definitely loves our club and wants to get fit to play for us. That's why he deserves this chance
                    And if he breaks down with his THIRD ACL injury it will all prove worthwhile will it? How many ACL injurys has Rio Ferdinand had?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      And if he breaks down with his THIRD ACL injury it will all prove worthwhile will it? How many ACL injurys has Rio Ferdinand had?
                      Another good shout. People say no room for sentiment in football, then it should apply throughout not just to players who don't kiss the badge or constantly do conference saying how much they love the fans and the club etc

Comment

Glad that Bobby Zamora has been given a one year extension.
                        After scoring the winning goal on a day that will live with me for the rest of my life, it's the least our club could have done.
                        Wouldn't have sat well with me, had Queen's Park Rangers shown him the door.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                          Another good shout. People say no room for sentiment in football, then it should apply throughout not just to players who don't kiss the badge or constantly do conference saying how much they love the fans and the club etc
                          Think that's a major problem in football today, a lack of sentiment.
                          We're robbed blind by so many spivs in this country, because there's no room for sentiment in Business, football, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

If I had to choose between one year contract to Hill, Faurlin or Zamora, I would choose Zamora.

Comment

Honestly cant make my mind up if its a good thing or not. truth is for 3 quarters of his stay he has been a huge waste of money...his performances were dire and was injured most of the time on 60 k a week. A few mates said to me after xmas when I was slagging him off - wait and see the last few months of his contract he;ll come good and look fantastic to get a new deal.
                              Thats exactly what happened. But it benefited us long term and at 15 k on a 1 year deal and to keep some squad cohesion I think it actuallt makes sense. Keep him fit and give him 20 odd mins every now and again and he could make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                                Come on Rich we cant have it all ways it don't matter if he loves the club or not if were being consistent and honest he has a terrible injury record with us and has had two knee constructions on both knees. 8 years age difference makes no difference as given he has had both knees done then surely there is an argument that his physical age with regard's his knees are now well in advance of his natural age even Harry said the game was up and he may not recover.

I like Ale and glad he got a contract and a chance to prove himself but if the argument being put forward is injury prone players are not worth a place in the squad then I am afraid that applies to Ale as much as any 30+ year old player we may consider. Stinks of double standards

Comment

Working...
                                X