Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our midfield

Where is it?

Am sure the management is right to concentrate first on getting the defence right because that's what cost us most the year we went down. But after that I hope they quickly look at the midfield. Barton aside, what have we got? Phillips, Faurlin and Granero (if he stays) are all coming back from fairly major injury. Adel's future is anyone's guess. Niko and Morrison have gone back to their parent clubs and Benayoun released. Jenas still injured I believe and future still undecided? Out wide we also have Hoilett but he seems to be inconsistent. As for Barton he is solid but as things stand we are asking a lot of him to try to boss the central midfield in the Premier League. We appear to have missed out on Ince (if we were ever really after him) and Tom Carroll proved not good enough imho.

What to do?

Harry's system is a 5 man midfield so as it stands we need at least 3 imo.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Let's not worry. We've Kelvin Henry to add to the list.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Is he our new wonder kid?
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

We're saved!!!
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I agree with op our midfield is a massive concern for me. Think it clear now for everyone to see who said we only need 3 or 4 players that we have a big project agin this year where we actually need 7 or 8 players brought in who will be here long term.
            We need more pace in midfield, 2 cms and at least 1 more winger imo. That's before we even talk about attack to lol.

Comment

Henry like the season just gone when selected will do a job and not let us down. O'Neill will resign so i would expect one or two more to join us

Comment

would like a big, strong CM who wins most aerial challenges, gets stuck in and lays the ball off to allow our more attacking players to do their thing. Similar to capoue at spurs or wanyama at saints..................... We could always give m'bia another chance?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Henry like the season just gone when selected will do a job and not let us down. O'Neill will resign so i would expect one or two more to join us
                  Neither good enough as anything more than occasional subs if we are serious about staying up imo.

Comment

I agree with Stainrod. All last season we lacked someone who could carry the ball in central midfield. Someone who could do that, with Joey beside them and someone playing behind Charlie, could give us something special I think.

Comment

I agree with Stainrod. All last season we lacked someone who could carry the ball in central midfield. Someone who could do that, with Joey beside them and someone playing behind Charlie, could give us something special I think.
                      Sigurdsson from HR old club on loan with the rights to buy

Comment

[QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;1282713]Where is it?

It's the bit just in front of the defence, but behind the striker....hang around the halfway line alot

Comment

Working...
                        X