Gary O'Neil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr View Post
    I personally am really furious that QPR have not issued a list of players who have left QPR

I really think it's disgusting for fans to find out through a players twitter. The club have no defence, it is now offical players have today left QPR but no offical word from the media team. Really think it's disgusting, fans should know everything like this as of 9am or whenever people at QPR start their hours

As for O'Neil I would definatly keep him, great passion, great work rate & a great Premier League squad player to have at QPR
    I actually think it is poor for Oneill to state on his twitter first day of unemployment, when he is still in negotiations with the club. The club have released a list on July 1st when they are legally obliged to, so not sure why you are so upset ?

Comment

Some of the comments about players "not being premier league standard" make me laugh. Teams in the bottom two thirds of the table, as we will be, all have a number of players who are "not premier league standard" (whatever that means). Gary O'neil may not be as good as Lionel Messi but he does a job. And next season we are going to need 25 players who can do a job, even if they aren't all in the first eleven, and even if the fans can see that they aren't all Lionel Messi.

It's all well and good to say we shouldn't re-sign Gary O'neil but who will we replace him with? If we get rid of all our players who are supposedly "not premier league", we are going to need to sign about 20 new players before the start of the season.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        Some of the comments about players "not being premier league standard" make me laugh. Teams in the bottom two thirds of the table, as we will be, all have a number of players who are "not premier league standard" (whatever that means). Gary O'neil may not be as good as Lionel Messi but he does a job. And next season we are going to need 25 players who can do a job, even if they aren't all in the first eleven, and even if the fans can see that they aren't all Lionel Messi.

It's all well and good to say we shouldn't re-sign Gary O'neil but who will we replace him with? If we get rid of all our players who are supposedly "not premier league", we are going to need to sign about 20 new players before the start of the season.
        I agree. I am not really sure what people on this forum want. They don't think the players we have are good enough and they don't want us to sign players like we did before who were supposed to be good enough.

We have a nucleus of a team, who have played together for a season (even though it was in the Championship). For a smaller club to survive in the premiership, they need this type of team and not one or two individuals who think they are too good to be playing for us. Add a few players with premiership experience in the positions needed, and we should be fine. Otherwise there doesn't seem much point in us getting promoted.

Comment

According to SSN he, along with Ale, Traore, and BZ are in ongoing discussions regarding renewals.
          Anyway, as above, what's all this "not good enough" malarkey about.
          I recall the likes of Delaney and Gabbidon, to name but two, that "weren't good enough for us" in the lower leagues, let alone the PL according to some but they managed pretty well with Palace last year.
          Some of our fan base has delusions of grandeur, others just love a moan up and others, well, I think I'll leave it there
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            I recall the likes of Delaney and Gabbidon, to name but two, that "weren't good enough for us" in the lower leagues, let alone the PL according to some but they managed pretty well with Palace last year.
            Yeah but a team full of Delaneys and Gabbidons wouldn't be that great would they...

Comment

Working...
            X