Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting worried that we have not yet signed anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    The last time we were promoted, we didn't sign anybody until Tony arrived as far as I recall.
    Bothroyd, Perone, Dyer and Gabbidon all arrived before TF took over iirc

Comment

Not worried myself. Behind the scenes we could have signed loads of players just not announced them we have no idea what is and is not going on.

TF and the media team like a big bang so would not be surprised if one or two have signed and there doing all the promo connected to it. Was it not Austin who signed two or three days before it was announced by us???

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        Perone. I'd forgotten he ever played for us. What a pile of sh*t haha
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Perone.......one of many deals in which you could suspect that someone other than the club to have benefitted from.....who said b....u....n....g..........ee jump
          Others could be Pellicori and Chevanton just to name a few.

Why buy these tad players when we have players like Hitchcock (had) as backup.......
          Last edited by zuluop; 26-06-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Lets face it, anyone who hopes to play in the Prem next season will be looking for a better club than QPR. Not going to be easy for a club our size to get decent players. Wd prefer to be patient than buy another Perone...

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              yeah... plus dj as well.

i'm not so bothered about the lack of signings, but a bit of clarity about who is staying and who is leaving would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                The transfer window doesn't open until July 1st. Until then we can sign free agents, but most of them are free for a reason.........

We can also do some negotiating behind the scenes but we wouldn't want to announce that, would we?

I'm not concerned in the slightest.....yet.
                So how come Chelsea Man City amongs others have already signed players?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  Think its more that we are in the market for mucky seconds. The players we will be after will be more last minute. Take Caulker. He isn't going to come to us if he thinks Arsenal might be in for him.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Think its more that we are in the market for mucky seconds. The players we will be after will be more last minute. Take Caulker. He isn't going to come to us if he thinks Arsenal might be in for him.
                    I agree that could be the reason, I am just responding to the comments that come out every summer that the window doesn't open until 1st July. That is an inaccurate comment and is proven as such time and time again by teams who agree deals and sign players i.e. Liverpool and Lambert.

Comment

I agree that could be the reason, I am just responding to the comments that come out every summer that the window doesn't open until 1st July. That is an inaccurate comment and is proven as such time and time again by teams who agree deals and sign players i.e. Liverpool and Lambert.
                      Not disagreeing with you mate and in an ideal world wish we cd do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        The transfer window doesn't open until July 1st. Until then we can sign free agents, but most of them are free for a reason.........

We can also do some negotiating behind the scenes but we wouldn't want to announce that, would we?

I'm not concerned in the slightest.....yet.

Man U signed two today including Luke Shaw so don't understand the 1st July window.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                          Man U signed two today including Luke Shaw so don't understand the 1st July window.
                          that's the window when out of contract players are allowed to officially sign for new clubs, but many seem to think it applies to agreeing deals with clubs and players to 'buy' players like Lambert, Costa, Fabregas, Fernando etc.

The main reason for QPR not signing players is probably ore to do with targets waiting to see what 'better' options are available to them.

Comment

It would be better if the window opens in June and closes on July 31st

Comment

Because VERY rich clubs at the Top of the league are infinitely more attractive propositions than more prudent clubs likely to be fighting off relegation, in the eyes of the higher quality end of the player market ? (or greedier agents)

Also the BBC had an article which stated the Transfer window officially 'opened the day after the last game of last season'.
                              Haven't got the link anymore, but it's there for all who look.
                              I think the 1st July is used as 'most' players contracts run until end of June, so they are in no rush to re-sign or move elsewhere.

Comment

Found it -

Comment

Working...
                                X