No announcement yet.

Andros Townsend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Bale is very one dimensional in the way he plays (imo)...but who does he play for again? I'd take Townsend in a heartbeat.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      Don't misunderstand, I'd sign him if we could get him for a reasonable (without the ridiculous premium for homegrown players), I just believe he is more limited than his reputation here suggests.

He's certainly better than Hoilett.

Comment

30 starts for Spurs and QPR, 20 more as a sub

3 goals, 2 assists

I just don't think that's particularly good. Certainly not good enough for people to start saying he would walk into our team. That'd be considered a poor return for any PL winger, nevermind one who has mostly played in a top side.

Comment

SWP
          38 PL starts for QPR + 14 subs

1 goal, 3 assists

Junior
          15 + 11
          1 goal, 1 assist

Adel Taarabt

49 + 9

7 goals, 7 assists

(so he's almost 3x as productive for us as Townsend was, despite never getting to play alongside Adebayor, Dembele and co)

Comment

his form for us got him International recognition, right attitude and a superb addition if we were lucky to grab him
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by AH08 View Post
              No doubt that he's good at it, but how many times are world class defenders going to be fooled by it?
              Not all Premier league defenders are 'world class.' We have to be realistic and ensure we are good enough to beat those in the bottom half of the table. Forget about getting 'world class players' as we all know what that got us into. Those type of players will only come to Loftus Road in Joey words, 'to die here!' We needs average players that can fight for the cause. When established, we make the next step.

Comment

you lot on here make me laugh sometimes , do you really think a player of his quality would want to play for us????? get a grip, and as for the ones saying he aint much kop i really dont think you know what you are talking about! at one time rangers fans were noted for their spotting of footballing talent, but i think even thoses days are over! TOWNSEND IS QUALITY!
                LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                  you lot on here make me laugh sometimes , do you really think a player of his quality would want to play for us????? get a grip, and as for the ones saying he aint much kop i really dont think you know what you are talking about! at one time rangers fans were noted for their spotting of footballing talent, but i think even thoses days are over! TOWNSEND IS QUALITY!
                  He might want to play for Harry. I think had we stayed in the premiership, he might have come here last season.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    He might want to play for Harry. I think had we stayed in the premiership, he might have come here last season.
                    Not a chance, he is way out of our league, lets not all get carried away again, we all know where that leads!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                      SWP
                      38 PL starts for QPR + 14 subs

1 goal, 3 assists

Junior
                      15 + 11
                      1 goal, 1 assist

Adel Taarabt

49 + 9

7 goals, 7 assists

(so he's almost 3x as productive for us as Townsend was, despite never getting to play alongside Adebayor, Dembele and co)
                      So you would have hoilett over townsend? He would walk into our team if fit no question about it. When fit he was playing in a top 5 team and got called up for England is that not good enough for QPR now?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        So you would have hoilett over townsend? He would walk into our team if fit no question about it. When fit he was playing in a top 5 team and got called up for England is that not good enough for QPR now?
                        This.

If we're turning down players like Andros Townsend then we really do have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          This.

If we're turning down players like Andros Townsend then we really do have problems.
                          Yeah.....We do have a great advantage of being a London team and we do and can attract very good players....Andros?...Like a shot yes please

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            This.

Not many are saying they wouldn't take him.

However taking him without acknowledging that he is limited, just sets it up for disappointment and frustration when he isn't quite as good as we hoped/remembered.

As has been said, Spurs fans have been frustrated with him this season, and he has been roundly mocked on other football forums for his predictability and wayward shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                              Not many are saying they wouldn't take him.

However taking him without acknowledging that he is limited, just sets it up for disappointment and frustration when he isn't quite as good as we hoped/remembered.

As has been said, Spurs fans have been frustrated with him this season, and he has been roundly mocked on other football forums for his predictability and wayward shooting.
                              most spurs i know wouldnt know a good footballer if they bite em on the ****! he is without doubt a good player and we have no chance of ever signing him!

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                                most spurs i know wouldnt know a good footballer if they bite em on the ****! he is without doubt a good player and we have no chance of ever signing him!
                                I'd they have a better idea of his talents than we do tbh

They know he's potentially excellent, and that's why they've been frustrated with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X