Andros Townsend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andros Townsend

This is going to be very unpopular I'm sure, but I personally think he's a one-trick wonder at the minute. Run down the right, cut in and shoot.. Don't get me wrong think he has the ability to do so much more, he has blinding pace with a fast set of feet, but don't really think he's that tricky for a Premier League defender to work out

Whats that got to do with us though? I think torress is macaroni but wouldnt do a thread about it on a rangers forum.

Comment

was class for us and few months ago when he bange done in for england he was a sure thing for thus years world cup. the lads had a bad injury if we could proze him away from spurs he would be a class signing.
      Fact is he can go pass a player and can bang the ball in the net, his crossing is better than anything we got as well.

Comment

agree with maids....love him back at ours but thing bigger clubs would come calling if available!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

A very,very talented player who has all the time in the world to improve his weaknesses. IMO, he is a must buy,
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Andros Townsend

Wasnt aware we were interested in or that we were linked to him...?
            Harry likes him though... and although that maybe one trick, he is pretty good at it.
            Seem to recall he was one of the players who actually put a shift in last time round too...

Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Incredibly overrated player.

In 2012/13 he scored and assisted for us at around half the rate of a certain Rangers maverick who most here feel "failed in the PL" or "has no end product"

Comment

But do we need him If we have Matt Phillips. Don't get me wrong I know Anrdos plays left while Phillips plays right. But can we afford to pay his transfer fee which I think will be high?
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

No doubt that he's good at it, but how many times are world class defenders going to be fooled by it?

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    But do we need him If we have Matt Phillips. Don't get me wrong I know Anrdos plays left while Phillips plays right. But can we afford to pay his transfer fee which I think will be high?
                    Yousef, you keep banging on about having Matty Phillips. Why? Are we only allowed one winger?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      Yousef, you keep banging on about having Matty Phillips. Why? Are we only allowed one winger?
                      Of course we need more but at a reasonable price. I think Townsend would cost a lot of money now he has established himself at Spurs and now with England.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Have to agree with AH08.
                        I loved him when we had him on loan, but how long would it take for the crowd to get on his back every time he cuts in and has a shot from 35 yards that flys into the stand?
                        Just dosn`t seem to have any vision for a pass, could see his team mates getting fed up and stop makin runs etc.
                        All it takes is 1 player to mess things up.
                        He is a talent but just wish we`d avoid as there are better out there with a better team spirit.

Comment

Team ethic NOT spirit (can`t fault his spirit)

Comment

Originally posted by AH08 View Post
                            This is going to be very unpopular I'm sure, but I personally think he's a one-trick wonder at the minute. Run down the right, cut in and shoot.. Don't get me wrong think he has the ability to do so much more, he has blinding pace with a fast set of feet, but don't really think he's that tricky for a Premier League defender to work out
                            He'd improve us IMO, but I agree he is one-dimensional.

He stood out when with us as he was attacking, pacey and direct, among a team bereft of confidence.

Comment

forget the top 6 but i reckon every other team in the prem would snap up townsend in a instance if given a chance. Only at QPR would we get people not wanting a talent like this.
                              This is after him being probaby one of 2 or 3 players who actually was a good thing for us in the year we went down. Then went on to establish himself in a top 5 prem team and get a call up to England which aftewrwards everyone was raving about him. But becuase hes been injured the last few months people have short memories and now stick their noses up to a signing like townsend. We need to get a grip and relise this prob wont happen but if it did we wpuld be very lucky.

On a lighter side as Matty said yousef whats up with this 1 winger thing mate? I rate phillips massively but we dont know how his recovery is going and how injury prone he is is questionale atm after the last year, plus are other option is hoilett who splits opinions but no one can argue that his return on goals and assits has been poor the last two years. Think its perfectly reasonable for us to be looking at certainly 1 winger or maybe even 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X