No announcement yet.

That feeling when Bobby tucked it in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just turned around and muttered the same words as 40,000 others 'I don't f***ing believe it'
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Marriage and kids are different, you plan them or have 9 months to get used to the idea!

The fact we'd had 30 minutes with 10 men meant we were all hoping but realistically were praying we'd hang on for penaties, so the sheer explosion of joy and relief was enormous.

I can't really remember the build up or the shot in my head (watch it 100s of times since though!) all I can remember is the ball rippling in the corner of the net then and then leaping up in the sir screaming my lungs out, hugging my brother and son! The boy in particular is a typical 14 year old teenager at times so to share another moment like that with him (The other one being the Wigan game) made it extra special.

Supporting QPR came from my mum (who was also there on Saturday and in 1967) and my dad, although he tries to get enthusiastic, isn't really a big football fan so consequently I had to watch 1982 and 1986 on TV due to this and my age, so I can say that this was the most fantastic moment I've ever had in my life due the spontaneous nature of it!

I think it was Bircham who said that you don't support QPR to see us win trophies, you support QPR because it's QPR!

Not only did I share Saturday with most of my immediate family, I shared it with my extended family of 40,000 and I'm pretty sure that I'll never ever forget that feeling as long as I live!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
        Marriage and kids are different, you plan them or have 9 months to get used to the idea!

The fact we'd had 30 minutes with 10 men meant we were all hoping but realistically were praying we'd hang on for penaties, so the sheer explosion of joy and relief was enormous.

I can't really remember the build up or the shot in my head (watch it 100s of times since though!) all I can remember is the ball rippling in the corner of the net then and then leaping up in the sir screaming my lungs out, hugging my brother and son! The boy in particular is a typical 14 year old teenager at times so to share another moment like that with him (The other one being the Wigan game) made it extra special.

Supporting QPR came from my mum (who was also there on Saturday and in 1967) and my dad, although he tries to get enthusiastic, isn't really a big football fan so consequently I had to watch 1982 and 1986 on TV due to this and my age, so I can say that this was the most fantastic moment I've ever had in my life due the spontaneous nature of it!

I think it was Bircham who said that you don't support QPR to see us win trophies, you support QPR because it's QPR!

Not only did I share Saturday with most of my immediate family, I shared it with my extended family of 40,000 and I'm pretty sure that I'll never ever forget that feeling as long as I live!
        Spot on mate..
        Me and my son went mental with total strangers around us, then I looked at my step son (who is a 27 year old Man U fan, he always has had a massive soft spot for us though) and he was going crazy as well. After the game he said it is the best experience ever (to be fair Utd have had a fair few).
        I could live for a thousand years and nothing would ever come close to the feeling of 40,000 brothers and sisters sharing that moment.
        I wouldn`t have changed a thing, what a way to win promotion. YOU RRRRRRRRR`s

Comment

Probably the happiest moment of my life, ended up 5 rows down from where I was sitting, in tears of joy and hugging strangers, that moment will flash before my eyes when I'm on my deathbed!!
          "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            You come out with some quality phrases Bon.

Comment

Carnage ... After the drama at City and now this, I have witnessed 2 occasions that I probably won't ever witness again.
              What happened Saturday is something that most of us would of come out with at some time in the past.... "Imagine if we scored in the 90th minute to win the game, the place would erupt" and there we go dreams do come true !!!!!

Comment

after the euphoria of becoming a dad twice, nothing can top that,..... this has got to be up there in third.....brilliant day of emotion. Pulled a leg muscle when Bob scored but worth it!!!

Comment

Utter disbelief and total euphoria in one. Spent at least 5 minutes jumping on my brother while having my dad in a headlock. Genuinely bawled my eyes out too, dunno if it was relief or surprise or sheer happiness.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Ill leave it up to your imagination

All i can say is im Just glad my misses wasnt there. Dont think we would still be together now

Comment

Working...
                    X