Clear All

Green

Simpson-Dunne/Hill-Onouha-Suk

Benayoun-Barton-Henry-Traore

Morrison

Austin

Hoilett for the second half

Comment

Rather a big game for Trore and Troare to be making their debuts.

Comment

-----------Green---------
        Simpson--Onuoha--Hill--Yun
        ---------Barton--O'neil/Henry------
        Benayoun---Morrison---Kranjcar
        ------------Austin-----------
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          This is my team two perhaps would swap Hoilett for Yossi as he recently has done his best business from the bench. Also in first leg its about keeping it tight and Yossi works hard so would be my only change
          I agree with this as well, 4-2-3-1 with Hoilett on the bench is imo the best way to start this game..

Comment

really cant understand why some of people on here want hoilett to start - he has under performed all season, with shocking distribution which often leaves us being counter attacked when we had just been in a decent attacking position. He had maybe 2 or 3 decent games and now people trhink he should start - dont see it.
            Hes done his best work coming of the bench for 20 mins or so but in a tight game at wigan he'd be a liabillity for the 90

Comment

I agree with the use of Hoilett off the bench -- compare his starts with his games as a sub and it's borne out -- should replace Benayoun in the second half imo -- but player to watch in this game is Dunne -- has been an inconsistent performer the past few months; clearly has played far too many games for his conditioning/age -- suggest we have Yun ready to come off the bench if Dunne repeats same form in the first half of this game.

Comment

4-2-3-1 with CB pairing of Hill/Onuha and a CM pairing of Barton/Henry

Comment

Agree with above. Away from home we need to keep tight and 4231 works. Agree that Dunne should start sub as should Hoilett. Not sure about Carroll, in that I ask myself is Henry any better or is it just because Henry is stronger physically? How physical are Wigan is the question Harry should be answering himself when he picks the side.

Green, Simpson, Onouha, Hill, Barton, Morrison & Austin HAVE to start. It's just a question of what other 4 start with them. I'm hoping Harry doesn't drop Onouha to the bench, which is the only possible madness I can see happening with regards to the 7 above.....

Comment

I'd actually like to see us play safe for the first leg. Not too defensively, but bulk out the midfield something like a 4.5.1.
                    Green.
                    Simpson-Onuoha-Hill-Yun
                    Benayoun-Barton-Morrison-Henry-Kranjcar.
                    Austin.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Green - Picks himself
                      Simpson - As Above
                      Onouha - Been decent all season when played, pace and strength
                      Hill - Would take a bullet to go up
                      BAE - Best left back in the league, it's a gamble with his form but a no brainer if he produces the form shown until Jan
                      Barton - Had a great season, great vision, passing and keeps the ball well, something we'll need at Wigan
                      Henry - Some will see this as strange, but we need battling players at Wigan in the middle of the park
                      Hoilett - Not found his best at Rangers but still scares defenders to death, potential match winner on the break.
                      Morrison - Will be very important, as with Hoilett and Traore, he scares defenders and can be a huge player.
                      Traore - Blistering pace and massively improved, will be a big player, especially on Friday on the break
                      Austin - Goal Machine!

Comment

Would keep BAE off the team for first game in favor of Yun -- believe BAE needs a motivator to play anywhere near his early season form -- Henry v Carroll a close call for many -- agree with assessment of Hoilett yet he is ABSOLUTELY better (and less risk) off the bench in the second half (the ideal 12th man). With that said, Harry will start Dunne over both BAE and Yun, Carroll over Henry, Benayoun over Hoilett.

Comment

Green
                          Simpson Onouha Hill Yun
                          Barton Kransjar
                          Benayoun Morrison Holliett
                          Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                            Green - Picks himself
                            Simpson - As Above
                            Onouha - Been decent all season when played, pace and strength
                            Hill - Would take a bullet to go up
                            BAE - Best left back in the league, it's a gamble with his form but a no brainer if he produces the form shown until Jan
                            Barton - Had a great season, great vision, passing and keeps the ball well, something we'll need at Wigan
                            Henry - Some will see this as strange, but we need battling players at Wigan in the middle of the park
                            Hoilett - Not found his best at Rangers but still scares defenders to death, potential match winner on the break.
                            Morrison - Will be very important, as with Hoilett and Traore, he scares defenders and can be a huge player.
                            Traore - Blistering pace and massively improved, will be a big player, especially on Friday on the break
                            Austin - Goal Machine!
                            I like this team but think Id give Yun the nod over BAE. Everything else aside, Yun will 100% want IT more than BAE.

Comment

Working...
                            X