Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until we renew hostilities with Luton???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be fair if you are too young to have been there in the 80s ,then you wouldnt consider Luton and Oxford to be rivals ,but for all us middle aged fellas ,there will always be grudges to be had with these two.
    As for Chelsea`s older lot having no problem with us , that is probably true firm wise . But the problem with Chelsea in the 70s and 80s was even if you take away their hardcore chaps ,90% of their travelling support were boys who were up for it , and when they came to us they swamped us ,taking practically the whole ground over and we got bullied by their vast numbers. And that is the reason so many of us hate Chelsea ,to this day.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
      To be fair if you are too young to have been there in the 80s ,then you wouldnt consider Luton and Oxford to be rivals ,but for all us middle aged fellas ,there will always be grudges to be had with these two.
      As for Chelsea`s older lot having no problem with us , that is probably true firm wise . But the problem with Chelsea in the 70s and 80s was even if you take away their hardcore chaps ,90% of their travelling support were boys who were up for it , and when they came to us they swamped us ,taking practically the whole ground over and we got bullied by their vast numbers. And that is the reason so many of us hate Chelsea ,to this day.
      Yes, they took the Loft every time they visited. Good news is I seem to remember that back then we usually won. I have particularly fond memories of an early Dave Thomas goal in front of the Loft in a 1-0 win.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Come on Grimsby....

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Yes, they took the Loft every time they visited. Good news is I seem to remember that back then we usually won. I have particularly fond memories of an early Dave Thomas goal in front of the Loft in a 1-0 win.
          From about 1983/4 onwards they never took the Loft fact!!! The game we smashed them 6-0 was the least scum fans I have ever seen at LR fact!!!!

Comment

• I farkin hate Luton with a passion. Smelly unwashed inbred wannabe Londoners.
            From the Hills of Kerry
            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

• Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
              I farkin hate Luton with a passion. Smelly unwashed inbred wannabe Londoners.
              Shite hole of the highest..

Comment

• ********, they won one nil

Comment

Working...
                X