What does "giving back our club" mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
    See this is something i have also thought about.

What does it mean?

The togetherness feeling we had when we were poor? for me that seems to be the biggest issue i for one feel it.

IMO i expected changes eg a new badge, its all part of taking over failing businesses and turning them into profitable well run machines... From a business point of view the old way wasnt working so something new was needed to shake things up...

Theo paphtis is one of the most well known business men to turn buisnesses on there head and completely change there luck, ryman, and la senza being 2 of them... Rebranding is the word and thats what our owners have tried to do with QPR FC...

Unfortunatly Ryman and La senza and even F1 (ALBEIT ITS SPORT) are a whole different ball game to running a pro football club. Were being run in a way that doesnt excite your average football fan, because in truth the average football fan has nothing in common with our owners....

Our owners have done a very good job in pushing away your average loyal QPR fan. Some have been outpriced, some have had there dreams dashed, for some i get the feeling did whatever they say DID! want to do a chelsea and spend our way out the divsion...

Take a look at notts county there gonna storm there way up the divisions, qpr at present to many just dont look like doing that! Theres a massive cloud of dissapointment over us at present, a few good results would im sure help though!
    Yeh I think that's what took Chelsea from average to top 4 in the Premiership too!

Comment

Rangered - sorry you posted while I was writing that last post.

But how many chairmen really "know about football"? The Glazers? The muppets at Liverpool? Ashley at Newcastle (despite all that fake Toon shirt stuff)? In the Fayed biography I mentioned further up it is shown than Fayed had never even heard of Fulham, despite all this talk about how he followed English football as a boy in Egypt. V few fans can no longer afford to own clubs the way they cd in Gregory's day. If we want to compete we have to be owned by a big players who, chances are, won't be v nice. As I say, fair play to you if you are happy with Cambridge at home but maybe I'm just not that good a fan to go through all that again. I'd actually quite like to win again...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Remember a certain Lua Lua scoring 4, when lost at home heavily to Colchester United, yes Colchester !! (sure it was 1-5??)

Plus at home to Cardiff 4-0 and Robbie Earnshaw scoing a hat-trick.

its okay, cos that cost us £15 per match

Now, we complain if we cannot thump Peterborough United at home 4-0 !!
        And we haven't conceeded more that one in a match yet this season.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Rangered - sorry you posted while I was writing that last post.

But how many chairmen really "know about football"? The Glazers? The muppets at Liverpool? Ashley at Newcastle (despite all that fake Toon shirt stuff)? In the Fayed biography I mentioned further up it is shown than Fayed had never even heard of Fulham, despite all this talk about how he followed English football as a boy in Egypt. V few fans can no longer afford to own clubs the way they cd in Gregory's day. If we want to compete we have to be owned by a big players who, chances are, won't be v nice. As I say, fair play to you if you are happy with Cambridge at home but maybe I'm just not that good a fan to go through all that again. I'd actually quite like to win again...
          No no you got me all wrong, cambridge at home, vauxall motors, chesterfield away, swindon, stockport, no no couldnt handle that again!! Thats not what im saying!!

All i was saying was people feel so diconnected from our owners and our club that they've stopped going, not just saved by sitting in cheaper areas, stop going completely. Things need to improve, im no hot shot top business man so i havent a clue how there gonna go about doing it!! But one things for sure a large number of there custom have lost interest, so how do they get us back???

People will say lower prices, but under our current regime it aint gonna happen!!
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Let me ask ya mate, the badge changing? the kit changeing? ticket prices? lack of players in certain areas? too many in other areas?

Whats twisting your melons about qpr at the moment?

Comment

apologies if i misunderstood what you were saying. in that case we more or less agree.

this might sound cynical but there is nothing like winning a few football matches to get the fans back on side...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                apologies if i misunderstood what you were saying. in that case we more or less agree.

this might sound cynical but there is nothing like winning a few football matches to get the fans back on side...
                Completely agree!! If we manage to get a result at cardiff then things will instantly be looking up!!!

Then onto to the bridge(looking forward to it!!), then im going up to Newcastle (who got beat tonight) so no reason we cant get a result up there!! if we do alright in those 3 games come october we could be in the next round of the cup, and sitting pritty in a top 8 place...

But thats football, theres rarely a happy medium, your either up or ya down.

Comment

Working...
                X