Cant believe what happened tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant believe what happened tonight...

...utterly ridiculous. i live in sussex and we got all the way to shepherds bush station until we found out.

how the 'new' pitch get waterlogged on the first real day of rain since it was laid is beyond belief.

how can chelsea play, they are not that far away?

something has clearly gone wrong with the drainage. there cannot have been that much rain in half a day to make a game called off. and even if there was then it should have been called off earlier if it was that bad.

what a ridiculous situation. our new pitch on its first real test has failed. what are we going to do when it is in mid winter?
    Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

It did lash down all day, not making excuses but weather was awful.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I agree today we had more rain in 1 day than we have had in the last 3months.
      It is not ideal but we cant blame the club on this ocassion
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

im sure it was, but the fact that our pitch cannot cope in mid september says it all really.

what happens when it is much worse in december?
        Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by JudoRanger View Post
          im sure it was, but the fact that our pitch cannot cope in mid september says it all really.

what happens when it is much worse in december?
          the game will be called off again;D;D

Comment

Can't blame the club on this occassion, however they should look to getting a better drainage system to prevent this happening again.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

I believe there is an underground river which runs under the pitch at LR, which could cause the pitch to waterlog ahead of say Chelsea.

Comment

Well i could see the weather would put pay to the game but typical all the others went ahead.

Comment

Working...
                X