Harry needs to start plan P as soon as

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry needs to start plan P as soon as

Penalty training. Burnley are a class act. Three smash and grabs, three goals. They could be our fiercest rivals all the way to the end. And if we have to go the playoff route, I want to know that we have mastered them as completely as possible. I know the theory that you can't recreate the penalty atmosphere, but you can do the next best thing.

Pactice them every training session. Then play for money say once a week. When the players are knackered after a hard session say. Take them under created pressure. There are top teams abroad that do this regular practice.

Also all the players should learn the Austin and Toure way. Make the keeper commit before shooting. That's how some spot takers rack up perfect scores. Blasting or placing is dangerous. I hope it doesn't come to playoffs but we need to be seriouly prepared.

Id like to see 10 penalties each rather then extra time cos extra time favors the home team.

Comment

Practicing penalties at this stage of the season could give completely the wrong mind set to the players.....they should be focusing 100% on the auto spots. Only if and when play offs are confirmed, then practise them like hell!

Comment

One of the clubs that do it regularly has said it becomes so natural it's not a trauma, it's automatic, no fear. Sorry, I can't remember the club that talked about it. Maybe someone else can. It's seriously unprofessional not to train for them.

Comment

Goal difference could be our down fall. We have named players and that is it. Burnley are a proper team like our last promotion winning team.

Comment

Their fans are saying they can't believe they are where they at the moment with the resources they have. Altho they haven't lost to any top six side. A bit like us that we knew at any moment that if we lost adel to any injury we were done.
            Last edited by Olly; 02-02-2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Their fans are saying they can't believe they are where they at the moment with the resources they have. Bit like us that we knew at any moment that if we lost adel to any injury we were done.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
                Goal difference could be our down fall. We have named players and that is it. Burnley are a proper team like our last promotion winning team.
                They've also got a much smaller squad with 5 or 6 of them being ever-presents this season. They've been incredibly lucky with injuries so far, if they'd had the amount we've had would be nowhere near where they are.

Comment

Working...
                X