Clint Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Clints a legend and a class defender. Today we came up against a good team with two quality strikers. Our defence won't play against strikers like that every week.
    They certainly will next season if we still plan on getting promoted. Nedum is our future in that position.

Comment

All the fuss about Hill and Dunne is madness the truth is we didn't defend well in wide area's and they made the most of the chances. Im pretty sure they'll be asking as many questions about how they delt with our corners does seem asthough the 2 cb's are easy targets due to their age.

Comment

The two goals (not the tap in) were worthy of any top prem striker, nothing to do with hill and dunne. Remember there are 2 full backs and 4 midfielders that should be stopping the crosses in the first place.
        "The World is Yours"

Comment

Ings was a great finish but Hill should not have let him get a shot off and Dunne got done for pace and movement by that well known nippy little player Vokes! Maybe harsh but that's life. Obviously the crosses should have been cut out first! Hill & Dunne have done us proud but not next season - too old and slow.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            What percentage of our acadamy / development squad make into the first team? That's the measure of planning and to be fair not many champ and prem sides make it happen. Southampton (as mentioned elsewhere) are far and away the best example, to the extent that they are beginning to feed the national team. If more sides followed that example we might actually have a chance on the world stage in a few years time.
            Yeah good point. Gone seem to be the days of Allen, Gallen Dichio being thrust into the 1st team....pressure of winning too high i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyhoop View Post
              All the fuss about Hill and Dunne is madness the truth is we didn't defend well in wide area's and they made the most of the chances. Im pretty sure they'll be asking as many questions about how they delt with our corners does seem asthough the 2 cb's are easy targets due to their age.
              This....posted the same, stop the cross you got half a chance

Comment

hill and dunne would get absolutely slaughtered every week in the prem. Both would have to be replaced imo.

Comment

We're not in the prem remember. We could have the best cb in England but if you haven't got the protection from midfield or support from the FB it means nothing.

These are two guys that give their all for the club and wear their heart on their sleeve, plus they have both popped up with some useful goals this season and kept up teen clean sheets so lets back them cause they aren't going anywhere and I'm glad their playing for us.
                  "The World is Yours"

Comment

Originally posted by Guildford_R View Post
                    We're not in the prem remember. We could have the best cb in England but if you haven't got the protection from midfield or support from the FB it means nothing.

These are two guys that give their all for the club and wear their heart on their sleeve, plus they have both popped up with some useful goals this season and kept up teen clean sheets so lets back them cause they aren't going anywhere and I'm glad their playing for us.
                    Agree totally but next season, 1 or both will have to make way.

Comment

Originally posted by Guildford_R View Post

I'm not saying Clint hasn't been great he has and will continue to be so this season but yesterday he was poor and got done too many times, we gave them goals 2 and 3 by poor defending generally, especially BAE and could/should have been 4-2 behind before the equaliser when Hill stepped up trying to play offside. I like Hill and have voted last 2 seasons for him as POTS but yesterday he was poor or Ings and Vokes intimidated him.

Comment

I think it was more we were playing a midfield formation that exposed the defenders. I doubt very much Ings and vokes could intimidate a player like hill.
                        "The World is Yours"

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyhoop View Post
                          That was what I thought too. Plus the defence get a bit less cover from 4 in midfield rather than 5 and it was a very attacking line up and played that way too which obviously leaves the defence less cover.

Comment

Working...
                          X