**Blackstock, Cox, Evans, Hooper, Lita & Taraabt**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Blackstock, Cox, Evans, Hooper, Lita & Taraabt**

All of the players in the title were either supposed targets of ours or former/current players but how are they doing so far this season?

Adel Taraabt
    Appearances: 6
    Minutes Played: 412
    Goals Scored: 1
    Minutes Per Goal Ratio: 412

Dexter Blackstock
    Appearances: 5
    Minutes Played: 260
    Goals Scored: 3
    Minutes Per Goal Ratio: 87

Simon Cox
    Appearances: 2
    Minutes Played: 72
    Goals Scored: 0
    Minutes Per Goal Ratio: n/a

Ched Evans
    Minutes Played: 383
    Goals Scored: 2
    Minutes Per Goal Ratio: 192

Gary Hooper
    Minutes Played: 409
    Goals Scored: 2
    Minutes Per Goal Ratio: 205

Leroy Lita
    Minutes Played: 414
    Goals Scored: 1
    Minutes Per Goal Ratio: 414

So far Cox and Blackstock have played less than 50% of the time they could possibly have played. But the rest of them have played more than 70% and therefore have had a good run out, some have performed and some haven't. Nobody knows whether Lita would have done just as badly for us or if any of them would have done better. Having played just shows 72 minutes for WBA it shows that Cox wasn't bought as a player to start games but to back up an attack in the same way that Vokes did for Wolves last season. With the departure of Helguson it's put even more pressure on Simpson who now leads an attack rather than being part of a 4 man team. Simply put it looks like if he fails we fail. Vokes only came in if Ebanks-Blake or Iwelumo failed but when Vokes failed, Keogh came in. A lot of pressure for someone so young.

I'm sure it was still a great decission to off-load a certain striker.

It's worked well for us so far.

I only hope that we show early intent in Januray if Hooper continues to score by going for him, or at least for someone who knows how to hit the back of the net.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

lets hope the badass is up to it! Also you are a nerd. :bad_smile:

Comment

Haha, I've not heard that in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          I'm sure it was still a great decission to off-load a certain striker.

It's worked well for us so far.

I only hope that we show early intent in Januray if Hooper continues to score by going for him, or at least for someone who knows how to hit the back of the net.

Why would we want to sign a decent young prospect who is looking like scoring more than any of the strikers we already have at the club. Wouldn't it be better to sign Rory Fallon on a 5 year deal?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            Why would we want to sign a decent young prospect who is looking like scoring more than any of the strikers we already have at the club. Wouldn't it be better to sign Rory Fallon on a 5 year deal?
            Haha, that's the general idea, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
            X