Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Sum Up QPR Footballers of Today

and footballers in general.

Funny enough it comes from an ex Ipswich player (who played under Magilton and now prefers to go into the Irish Police Force)

"even if I could afford a Bentley, thats not what I was in it for. Some seem to think its about flashiness, the big house, big money, cars. Joe Royle said to me, some of them think they're stars and they're not even players" Then I got into the first team and I saw that some of the lads didn't really care, whether we won or lost"

Shane Supple quotes from Daily Mail.

Has he got it about right?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Sadly I think he is bang on Pete :(

Comment

think the agyman/ bentley story will come to be seen a bit like the leeds utd/ fish tank story - you know, they had this tank in which the fish were replaced every week at a cost of something like 10 grand and it came to symbolise the bad management and waste and lack of focus on the important stuff, like winning matches.

Comment

Sums up the modern day footballer im affraid.

Comment

Money does seem to have ruined the game, but don't just blame the players the clubs chose to pay these extravagant salaries, you can't blame the players for taking whats on offer.

Comment

It's why it is so important to get in players who have a heart and have some pride in the performance of their team and themselves as individuals. I posted before about a total lack of leaders in the team. I still think that is the case. We would do worse than to sign a 32-35 year old who would lead by example and through his personality.

And of course the players wil take the salary, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't show passion and loyalty. They get paid when they're injured, so they need to put in the effort when they are fit.

Comment

It does sum up footballers today im afraid.However - waiting for loads of stick on this comment - Wayne Rooney seems to care.If you watch him for mau Utd - he does seem to put himself all over the place and appears to hate losing.With his skill - if berbatov could have half of his passion he would be a far better player i think.Unfortunately - football is now about money(in England)far more than it ever has been - Sky Sports has seen to that.

Comment

You can't put a price on a great desire to win a football match something Rooney has in buckets, sadly not everyone has that will to win at all costs. Some ( many) have fantastic ability but no hart for the battle, you need a few warriors as well as neat and tidy players. But you can't teach that your born with it or you not.

Comment

What a good thread, everyone talking so much sense. The point made about Wayne Rooney is spot on .... we don't have anyone at QPR to match his win or die attitude.
                  Sadly I can't see us getting anything from tonights game. Warnock had the whole Palace squad in for an extra long training session on Sunday .... add to that, all the Rangers fans I've spoken with since the 1-1 with Posh, think we're gonna loose .... sorry to say I'm with them in that bracket.

I don't get any enjoyment out of going to Loftus Road anymore-I will continue to support The R's, but the feel good factor that we had under Ollie and Gigi has long, long gone! It's plane to see after Saturday's Indian summer':chill:s day, the Rangers fanbase is starting to vote with their feet. What sort of gate will QPR get tonight with the rain lashing down in London? I'm guessing not much more than Saturday's, and I go for a 0-1 win for Palace ..... hope I'm wrong on both accounts. :anger:
                  R.I.P Steve Edwards, Neil Roberts & Trevor Kingham
                  Our "BROTHERS in HOOPS"

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                    Money does seem to have ruined the game, but don't just blame the players the clubs chose to pay these extravagant salaries, you can't blame the players for taking whats on offer.
                    The fans need to take a share of the blame for paying the high ticket prices, shirt prices SKY etc.
                    Without OUR cash, it would not happen

Comment

There are a few around but the vast majority do care badly and just love playing football. Obviously motivation can wane dependent on personal circumstances but generally most are in it for the love, even at the highest level. You can't pull a player from the current England squad and tell me they don't really care (barring perhaps one of the goalkeepers)

Comment

bircham for me was one player who looked like he played for the shirt. players with heart like rooney are a very rare breed these days. biggest tragedy in football

Comment

Talking about Rooney, how many players throw there boots down, when they get subbed?

Or lesser still, look a peeved off about it?
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

It just dosnt happen often pete. Shows that all he wants to do is play football though. Rooneys passion for the shirt is unreal!

Comment

Working...
                            X