Tony Fernandes will not sanction the sale of Loic Remy to Newcastle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    He should have sold AJ earlier in pre-season, that would have freed up money for a striker, why last min? The moment he got fit off with him! Always remember we where VERY lucky to get Austin, if the Hull deal had gone through who would have been up front for us now?

HR has passed his sell-by date, that's why he needed a McClaren type assistant or Rodgers (lol) Bond and Jordon are yes men.

We need a younger man in place with a five year plan to bring youth through, he has asembled an old team that will need rebuilding next season, sad state of affairs!
    Gota say im with you all the way on this one mate.. You've said it how it is but be prepared for the backlash. A lot of our fans do love Harry

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
      i have stated before i am not a massive Harry fan but you have to say from the sh i te we were in last season he has turned us around massively to the extent we are pushing for promotion. Most of us expected mid table this season i recall after the disasterous season last time out
      well, i expected top 10 finish and so far we are third. am very happy so far.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

What i am still finding hard to understand is how is this season a failure? We are in a great position in the league..way better than any relegated team since the Newcastle team of a few years back..we have broken records for our defence we have cleared a lot of deadwood from our books..got rid of most of the big time charlie..brought in so decent players at championship level.Ask wigan or reading if they would prefer to be in our position or theres. or wolves for that matter who many on here predicted we would follow this season in going straight back down.

Comment

not sure he meant this season is a failure.. thought he meant last season and not bringing in a striker?

Just a general question to everyone... If we don't go up from the position were in now.. will this season then be classed as a failure?

Im interested to see people's answer to that..
          because if it was any other manager and we didn't go up from the position were in now, with the squad we've got.. people would class it as a failure.

But I get the feeling because its Harry.. It wouldn't be a failure if we didn't. people would say more like 'well I expected to finish mid-table' so it was a good effort.
          Which in my opinion would be wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            not sure he meant this season is a failure.. thought he meant last season and not bringing in a striker?

Just a general question to everyone... If we don't go up from the position were in now.. will this season then be classed as a failure?

Im interested to see people's answer to that..
            because if it was any other manager and we didn't go up from the position were in now, with the squad we've got.. people would class it as a failure.

But I get the feeling because its Harry.. It wouldn't be a failure if we didn't. people would say more like 'well I expected to finish mid-table' so it was a good effort.
            Which in my opinion would be wrong..
            I wouldn't deem it a failure, but I wouldn't deem it a total success either. Football, unlike your question, is not black and white - it's unpredictable. How many teams that have been "too good to go down" have done so? Loads, including us, some would say. If we are there or thereabouts at the end of the season, given where we have come from, I will deem it as progress, nothing more. That would be the same for me whatever manager we had.

I am not a "Harry lover", but I will argue for him when people **** him off or criticize him based purely on their own speculation, impatience or even stupidity. And if I can be bothered at the time. But I would do that for any manager or person.

Comment

I think if we fell out of the playoffs with the start we have had would be a failure!! Losing in the playoffs not so much!! To me the playoffs are pot luck get to final and it's about who does it on the day!!

If we signed Someone like Jordan Rhodes I'd be gutted of that was not enough for top 2!! But I feel a bit spoilt saying that because top 6 and Harry has done a decent job into eyes!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                What i am still finding hard to understand is how is this season a failure? We are in a great position in the league..way better than any relegated team since the Newcastle team of a few years back..we have broken records for our defence we have cleared a lot of deadwood from our books..got rid of most of the big time charlie..brought in so decent players at championship level.Ask wigan or reading if they would prefer to be in our position or theres. or wolves for that matter who many on here predicted we would follow this season in going straight back down.
                Spot on mate!!

Comment

Would be failure though surely?!.. were 3rd, with the players we have, wage bill we have, manager we have.. Surely!
                  Judging on the here and now, like you have to do in football these days.. not the past. It Would be a failure..

Comment

Would be failure though surely?!.. were 3rd, with the players we have, wage bill we have, manager we have.. Surely!
                    Judging on the here and now, like you have to do in football these days.. not the past. It Would be a failure..

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      What? Harry talks in Riddles a local paper invents an article based on that. and suddenly harry is leaving?
                      Harry is touting Remy to whoever, and now TF says he doesn't want to sell him. Can't you see that Harry either wants the cash from his sale or from the board
                      to strengthen........managers leave their jobs for a lot less. Seems strange to me that the 2 most important men in the club come out with opposite ideas on our most saleable asset

Comment

Not the first time they have publically disagreed, if I remember rightly..

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          Harry was the man that wanted him for years, Tony went out and made sure Harry got his man.

Now Harry wants to get rid of the player he wanted?

Harry is looking for a way out or don't give a damn about our club or owners. I can see him doing the dirty on our owners... hope I'm wrong.
                          That did cross my mind too mate, ....as i say i find it strange that both these two are on different pages on this

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            Harry was the man that wanted him for years, Tony went out and made sure Harry got his man.

Now Harry wants to get rid of the player he wanted?

Harry is looking for a way out or don't give a damn about our club or owners. I can see him doing the dirty on our owners... hope I'm wrong.
                            Think you are quite spot on!!
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

haha ok mate.. im just 1 of the fans which isn't fully, harry tunnel vision.. think most rangers fans are very pro harry which is why im struggling when I give a different opinion.
                              oh i think you have the narrowest tunnel vision on here, as has been said it's only harry you talk about, all over the board

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Harry is touting Remy to whoever, and now TF says he doesn't want to sell him. Can't you see that Harry either wants the cash from his sale or from the board
                                to strengthen........managers leave their jobs for a lot less. Seems strange to me that the 2 most important men in the club come out with opposite ideas on our most saleable asset
                                Can see why you would think that but I genuinely think he's just giving his opinion on what he would do. None of us knows any different and the papers spin it any way they want. I like Harry and his little soundbites are a part of his charm, but sometimes he's better off keeping schtum, otherwise conspiracy theories abound, especially on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X