Expectation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectation

Don't know what some expect but I'm happy with being 3 points off top spot 1 off auto promotion spot and 8 points ahead of not being in play off spot at one game short of halfway through season . Sure we ain't been great at times but neither has anyone else and that's why it's so tight at the top ,
    We have had some lucky results I don't deny but I'm happy with current league position and with a couple of wise moves in transfer market we will be in the shake up at end of season.
    Ps, I know the striker situation is a joke but can't help Charlie being injured and Zamora ain't the answer but we are stuck with him and we have Hughes to thank for that.

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    Don't know what some expect but I'm happy with being 3 points off top spot 1 off auto promotion spot and 8 points ahead of not being in play off spot at one game short of halfway through season . Sure we ain't been great at times but neither has anyone else and that's why it's so tight at the top ,
    We have had some lucky results I don't deny but I'm happy with current league position and with a couple of wise moves in transfer market we will be in the shake up at end of season.
    Ps, I know the striker situation is a joke but can't help Charlie being injured and Zamora ain't the answer but we are stuck with him and we have Hughes to thank for that.
    You say we haven't been great at times. I'm struggling to think of when we have been great at all. Why can't the club help Charlie being injured? Did they have the right to expect him to be fit for 42 games? Not sure we can still blame Hughes for everything - he was sacked over a year ago now.

Comment

Well its certainly true that at the season's start the majority of us would have been delighted with our current position at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        Well its certainly true that at the season's start the majority of us would have been delighted with our current position at this stage.
        We certainly would have been delighted with the first couple of months, not just because we were near the top but because we had stabalised and avoided imploding after the saga of last season. But also think its fair to say that everyone was waiting for our supposedly good players to click, and half a season on they still haven't. So yep there are some positives but also plenty of concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          You say we haven't been great at times. I'm struggling to think of when we have been great at all. Why can't the club help Charlie being injured? Did they have the right to expect him to be fit for 42 games? Not sure we can still blame Hughes for everything - he was sacked over a year ago now.
          What I'm saying is we hav'nt been great at times , never said we have been great the rest of the time but I will say away wins at Leeds , Bolton and Blackpool are great results although we might not have played great to get them at 3 very very hard away venues . I'm not blaming Hughes for everything and as my post states I'm happy with league position at present although we ain't been great ! Can you understand what I'm meaning ? I do blame Hughes for Zamora being here on big contract and I think he is up there as one of our worst bits of business in the transfer market , nobody expected Charlie to play every game and club is at fault for striker situation but as I said in post " a couple wise moves in transfer market and we will be there at end of season

Comment

It's our current form that is the worry and the way that the whole striker situation has been managed.
            Take that out of the equation and I am well pleased we are up there at this stage of the season.

Comment

On current form we would finish bottom half,but let's just be positive,I think we will beat Watford at least 2 goals

Comment

When Blackburn went down they had a decent start then nose dived about this time of year as well. not saying we will but we should not assume a decent start to the season will result in a good league place come may

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                  On current form we would finish bottom half,but let's just be positive,I think we will beat Watford at least 2 goals
                  Have you been drinking?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    Have you been drinking?
                    He might have but I never do, and yet I tend to agree with him on this one. From the start of the season I have been quietly expecting for Harry's bubble to burst. Never had this feeling with Warnock.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      Have you been drinking?
                      We are 16th in the current form table, behind Yeovil etc.

Comment

With our resources and the way we managed to shift alot of dross before the season started I honestly believed we would be about 5 points clear at the top right now. You don't need to listen to me though, look back and what the bookies thought as well.
                        As things stand it's not too late to start playing 2 upfront for every home game and most away but Harry is stubborn and has brought in 2 more Taarabt type players in Kranjcar & Benayoun. These are players who do no fit into a 442 system. They aren't wingers, strikers or grafters in CM.
                        I'm concerned we are going to nose dive. Harry has gone a little mad imho

Comment

I'm happy where we are in the table but we have been nowhere near the level this squad should be playing at. The January window for me is vital as we could easily fall away if we don't get in a couple of quality players.

Comment

We were happy with our start as the team were not playing great but getting points whilst the new players start to get to know each other. However, they have not got any better. The media talks about our depth but it is not great as we have too much of a muchness. Most of the players are past their best.

Comment

Last two games has just been a blip as far as i'm concerned, but we do need to get another striker in January. Not sure where all these knee jerk reactions come from when we lose, the championship is unpredictable, yes we've lost 2 on the bounce but that happened to us around this time the last time we went up...watford home and leeds away was it?
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                              X